Using McEdit with mods.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Borlea

Jul 29, 2019
I have this great world Lots of progress in the mindcrack modpack(I selected that because I want to watch other mindcrackers and do random brilliant ideas they get somehow) But. I was swapping one of my furnaces with a induction furnace with 2 managers attached to it. 1 to pull 1 to put dust in top. And when I destroyed it I picked the items up and crashed. Now whenever I join the world I instantly crash. I tried opening up mcedit and just deleting the 2 managers worked fine. But when I rejoin my world. The chunks around it. All mod blocks got swapped with like anvils and cauldrons and sticky pistons. Everyone tells me mcedit keeps the block ids and works perfectly with mods. But whenever I try anything that involves mods with mcedit. It never turns out the way I want it.

So its either 90% of my house be random blocks and completely start over except the items in my inventory.
Or. Someone helps me on using mcedit. I can give you my world if you guys want to do it for me.

Psst btw(Idk where to put this)

Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppmg7jeune9fd4g/FTB Map.zip

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
MCedit scrambled block IDs on me in FTB beta a pack, so I don't currently use it. It's a shame because that was a great tool for fixing corrupted chunks.

Jackiya

Jul 29, 2019
So that means I can't transfer my world from the Beta pack to the Mindcrack pack? :( Guess I'm sticking with the Beta Pack :L

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
So that means I can't transfer my world from the Beta pack to the Mindcrack pack? :( Guess I'm sticking with the Beta Pack :L

Through testing we (We as in myself and members of the Feed The City Server) found the following to be the case:

Taking the mindcrack pack, and adding in Mystcraft and Portal Gun will get you back to where you had it for 1.4.2 with the addition of several mods. This doesn't cause an issue really, at all. The only thing that we did find was that Obsidian pressure plates didn't appear but lets be honest, those aren't a huge concern. (This was on a map with greg tech mind you.) We have also regenned a map with just world gen stuff in FTB Beta A pack and was able to transfer it over to 1.4.6 without an issue what so ever so far. (Including running it on a server for a short time.)

So it is possible to transfer it.