User-Friendly?

• Total voters

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I recently designed the GUI for my music box - basically an integrated noteblock circuit, because the old one sucked:
1gF2sww.png

Here is the new one, with the buttons replaced with a piano keyboard and individual buttons for each channel and voice. Also, the channels are color-coded and options are labelled.

Is this new one user-friendly (assuming you have sufficient musical knowledge to understand how to use a piano keyboard)?

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Never used the original but I can easily understand that new GUI being a piano player. Definitely a good design.

EDIT: Oh wow, Cannon in D (or C to be more accurate). Niiiiiice.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A and NegaNote

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I might actually use this. :D As a piano player and lover of music, this would be awesome to use to have music playing in the background while working on building a reactor or something.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
That is absolutely beautiful. I want it. I wants all of it. It's so hard to make a nice doorbell.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
As I am a musician I know the note names and how they should sound. So to me it would be easy. Unfortunately I cannot speak for the non-musicians out there.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
honestly Reika.... your update speed is probably the fastest ive ever seen.

also on the post title idea (not the content) could you please add a download for everything at once??? my mind hurts from all your different downloads.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
honestly Reika.... your update speed is probably the fastest ive ever seen.

also on the post title idea (not the content) could you please add a download for everything at once??? my mind hurts from all your different downloads.
I would rather not spend 40 minutes uploading a 15MB file that 90% of viewers would not use.

Reactions: YX33A

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
one extremely minor user friendliness improvement for whenever. tag the bottom extremis of the keyboards keys with the note, at the least for a single octave of the keyboard. should save effort for those who for example learned notation largely via k-12 on a wind instrument and are fuzzy to boot.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably an insane pipe dream, but would it be possible for you to create sheet music that could then be placed into this thing and then be played when given a signal? Another insane idea of mine is that you could have it output a different note depending on which side is given a redstone signal. Of course, both are probably either extremely hard to implement or just plain bad ideas. I won't blame you if you don't use 'em.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It's probably an insane pipe dream, but would it be possible for you to create sheet music that could then be placed into this thing and then be played when given a signal?
That is what it does; you just have to write it first.

Another insane idea of mine is that you could have it output a different note depending on which side is given a redstone signal
Which of the 64 in its range...?