Updating to FTB Infinity 1.4.1 with same map (server)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

georgehillier

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Updating to FTB Infinity 1.4.1 with same map (server)
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hi there,

So I'm currently trying to update my FTB Infinity servers from 1.3.4 to 1.4.1 and keep the same map. I've done /fml confirm and everything, but once I log into the server loads of the blocks have changed ID and are the wrong block or have disappeared. Is there anyway to fix this error? As I don't want to do a map reset.

Thanks, George.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Unless I am completely mistaken blocks shouldn't change anymore because of block id changes as they don't exist anymore. Or do you mean that certain blocks have disappeared? The latter can happen if the mod is removed that made them or the mod has removed them or something among those lines.

If you have an backup I would suggest to try again(of course make an backup first)
If not then the damage seems to be already done and cleaning the mess up may prove to be harder then its worth.

HazDS

Jul 29, 2019
What did /fml confirm say when you confirmed it? Did it remove any blocks etc or?

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
Also note, for worse case scenario, fml does make a world backup just in case things don't go right. They will be in your main server directory with file formatted as "worldname-datetime.zip"

Reactions: lenscas

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Also note, for worse case scenario, fml does make a world backup just in case things don't go right. They will be in your main server directory with file formatted as "worldname-datetime.zip"
I, actually didn't know that. Thanks for the tip I will try to remember it.

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
I, actually didn't know that. Thanks for the tip I will try to remember it.

No problem! The same exists for singleplayer, tho I forget if the backup is in main minecraft directory or the saves directory(I think its in saves). Very helpful for situations similar to this and you wont loose your world completely