Unstable Ingots

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out what's good about the tools that are made out of Unstable Ingots.
Builder's wand, etheric sword, healing axe and reversed hoe - I havn't been able to figure out what these do...

Can anyone tell me what they do?

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
I can't figure out what's good about the tools that are made out of Unstable Ingots.
Builder's wand, etheric sword, healing axe and reversed hoe - I havn't been able to figure out what these do...

Can anyone tell me what they do?
I've only played with the builder's wand, it's pretty awesome imo. With wand in hand mouse over the blocks you wish to 'extend' & it will ghost out a frame of where it will place additional blocks - you will need some matching blocks in your inventory. Hard to describe but it's very logical once you get down to it.

Oh & when making unstable ingots, don't make the mistake I did & shift click them in the crafting table, hard to use 9 of them in less than 10s :p

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
The best thing to do would be to check out the Extra Utilities thread on the Minecraft forums, it has descriptions for them. They all have special abilities, some more useful than others (the wand is great)

Edit: When you craft them, BE CAREFUL. The explosions from the ingots timing out will almost definitely kill you

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
I've only played with the builder's wand, it's pretty awesome imo. With wand in hand mouse over the blocks you wish to 'extend' & it will ghost out a frame of where it will place additional blocks - you will need some matching blocks in your inventory. Hard to describe but it's very logical once you get down to it.

Oh & when making unstable ingots, don't make the mistake I did & shift click them in the crafting table, hard to use 9 of them in less than 10s :p
That's exactly what I did when I crafted for the glasses, I thought they stacked so I crafted four right away. When I realized they didn't stack, I almost got a heartattack haha, but I made it, just in time!

The best thing to do would be to check out the Extra Utilities thread on the Minecraft forums, it has descriptions for them. They all have special abilities, some more useful than others (the wand is great)

Edit: When you craft them, BE CAREFUL. The explosions from the ingots timing out will almost definitely kill you
Alright I'll take a look there, thank you.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly what I did when I crafted for the glasses, I thought they stacked so I crafted four right away. When I realized they didn't stack, I almost got a heartattack haha, but I made it, just in time!
A good exercise in panic management... Mine resulted in 'latest death spot' lol

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if you can bypass it if you have an automated crafting system to craft up the ingots then use AE crafting termail to craft tools and automate crafting of mass produced things. (like the glass) You wouldn't even need a statlie pipe cause of the buffer of the tables.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if you can bypass it if you have an automated crafting system to craft up the ingots then use AE crafting termail to craft tools and automate crafting of mass produced things. (like the glass) You wouldn't even need a statlie pipe cause of the buffer of the tables.
I can't remember specifics, but there are some creative ways to automate them. I don't think any of the standard autocrafting works though, I'm pretty sure they're coded to prevent that