Unsolvable Thaumcraft 4 research? Please help [Minor spoiler]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
So, I ran into this research that I can't, for the life of me, figure out... The node on the bottom left is the source node... Reaching the top left node requires three runes, same with the bottom right... Going from the top right to the bottom right requires three runes, leaving one rune to connect the top two. I only have six?!

mmeJq11.png

Am I missing something super obvious? The research is for Essentia Distillation and I have Aqua, Limus and Praecantatio in there...

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
RNGesus frown upon thee
(The random number generator sometimes screws up and makes impossible research. Just throw it out and make another one

Dat RNG ^^ Threw it away, researched the same thing again... this time I did it with 4/6 runes, lol

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Dat RNG ^^ Threw it away, researched the same thing again... this time I did it with 4/6 runes, lol
I always count the nodes and spaces before activating any runes... Any time I see a research page with more than 3 nodes, where two of those nodes would take 3 or more runes to connect, I toss it without even trying.