[Unofficial] How to set up a Mage Quest 1.0.4 Server

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
---Please note----
Mage Quest 1.2.0 now has a server version available on the launcher. As such, this guide is outdated and completely unsupported. Please use the official server version.
---​

This guide probably already exists in one form or another. It's basically just a more specific version on how to set up a Forge server, or any modded server. Just posting this so I can refer people to it, as I've had one or two requests for info. Whilst dealing specifically with Mage Quest 1.0.4, it could be adapted to any modded server. Simply update the Forge version to the recommended version at the time.

First- Download the Forge 1.7.10 installer, version 1272 from the Forge website- http://files.minecraftforge.net.

Next, run the Jar file, and click "Install Server". Change the Directory to something you're likely to remember- for example, a Mage Quest folder on your Desktop. The file should download some Minecraft Libraries- just wait for it to finish.

Now, you're gonna want to open up the folder you just created. Do that now, and leave it open in the background. I'm gonna call this the "Server Folder" from now on

Head over to the FTB launcher, highlight Mage Quest, make sure you have version 1.0.4 selected and have played it at least once, and Select the "edit Mod Pack" option. Click the "open folder" button at the bottom of the window that pops up. This should open up a new browser window.

In the window the launcher just opened for you, go up a level to the Minecraft folder. You'll need to copy three folders and their content from here into the server folder. Mods, Scripts and config. Do that now.

In your Server Folder, open up the folder called mods and delete two files- one called "WTP-1.7.10-1.0.29.1" and another called "JourneyMap5.0.1_Unlimited_MC1.7.10". These are client-side only mods, and crash the server on startup.

To get the server running, just run the file called "forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1272-universal" in your server folder, and boom! You have an unofficial Mage Quest 1.0.4 server!

Now that you have the basic server instance, I'll leave it up to you to get the server open to the public. There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to get this side of things running. Just make sure to tweak the server to have enough RAM to run the game smoothly.

Last edited:

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Please note that as an unofficial guide, servers set up this way will not officially be supported by the FTB team.

pyrowarrioroffire

Jul 29, 2019
help it hasnt worked for me i followed all the instructions carefully but it wont work. Do i need to add in a map or something i dont get it plz help

Karch Campbell

Jul 29, 2019
So I did the steps and the server didn't load. After scrolling through the command window looking at things i found the issue. The damn EULA! This works to create a server just make sure that the eula.txt is set to true or the server won't run. Have fun!

Zplinter

Jul 29, 2019
So I did the steps and the server didn't load. After scrolling through the command window looking at things i found the issue. The damn EULA! This works to create a server just make sure that the eula.txt is set to true or the server won't run. Have fun!
Thats allways needed nowdays :)

Works perfect! Thanks alot, cant wait to try this out without all the buildcraft, industrial, applied energestics.. <3

RebelZed

Jul 29, 2019
I am not good at following written instructions, and this I my first server I've set up, so I don't know what most of the stuff your talking about is. Is there a video somewhere on how to do this. And note, I would like it to be installing the mage quest server, jot any other, because I've tried to install one in my own with three different modpacks now, and each one is different. Please help me.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Mage Quest 1.2.0 now has a server version available on the launcher. As such, this guide is outdated and completely unsupported. Please use the official server version.