Unleashed with GregTech ID Conflict

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Hi ALl,

I have 99% success with adding Gregtech to Unleashed. Our server community likes the hard mode of Greg tech but some players like the magic of Thaumcraft.

I had to disable/remove Tinkers Construct completely as all the ID's conflicted,
We are ok with this.

The only other mod that conflicted was Plugins for Forestry.
ID's 31740-31743 conflicted with GT
I tried changing them to 31744-31747 but then the game just crashed with a null exception error.
I removed pluginsforforestry and have everything running stable.

If anyone has had success with changing the ID's for Plugins for Forestry please let me know what values you used. I'd like to add it back in if possible.

Thanks

Magniff

Jul 29, 2019
Besides the fact that unhinged has about 80 less mods than unleashed.... anyway, can you change Gregtech's id's? Also, you can take gregtech out, then use your nei to dump the id list to show you which id's are free to be used.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Everything is running fine with Gregtech in.
Only the 4 ID's for PluginsforForestry caused the issue so I pulled PluginsforForestry out for now.
I had already tried changing the ID's for PluginsforForestry but that crashed completely without showing any Conflicts.
Had to go to work so thought I'd see if anyone had some free ID #'s for PluginsforForestry that worked for them.
I'll be doing an NEI dump tonight when I get home and see if I can find some free ID's.

Magniff

Jul 29, 2019
I just did an id dump of my Unleashed. I also have mo creatures, and wild caves installed and the item id's you mentioned seem to be unused. The closest id pluginsforforestry uses on my pack is 31998:0 - 31998:41 which are the buckets of various liquids. It's odd that your id's are different than mine. I'm going to try to add gregtech as well. I'll let you know my results.

Magniff

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, after screwing around with the configs and fml logs. I have finally been successful at installing gregtech with TC and forestry plugins.
The problem was this:
Minecraft has a retarded problem with reading id's. Basically it adds 256 to every id and thats why gregtech conflicted. Subtract 256 from your conflicting id's and you get greg's ids's.

Here is the config:
BlockItemIDs.cfg.txt
For some reason I can't upload cfg files, so all you have to do is delete the .txt from the end of this file and place it in the config/Gregtech folder.
Cheers!

Attachments

• BlockItemIDs.cfg.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,309

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I got mine working today. I did not want to mess around with GT's ID's as its a longer fix every time there is a new update.
After I did an NEI dump I edited the PluginsforForestry ID's
From 31740,31741,31742 to 4040,4041,4042
That will be easy to find and remember for future updates.

All is working.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Magniff

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad you got it working. Did you get Tinkerer's Construct working with it too? Also, you might want to tweak mmmpowersuits config to use greg's recipes.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
TC worked fine when I added it back in today. It looks like the conflict was mainly Pluginsforforestry.
Will be doing the server the next 2 days and see if I can get it running the same.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Server is up and running fine with Unleashed 1.0.3 :BoP enabled, Nether Ores enabled, GT added and conflicts for Pluginsforforestry corrected.
Finding there seems to be quite a few texture.png files missing so it may have been a bad download.
Going to wait until Monday to see if a newer version is released before making any changes though.
Server is running nice and stable even have MCPC plus, Essentials, World Edit and World Gurd running.

Now to get Dynmap back up. Its still giving me grief. lol

MgARBITER

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, after screwing around with the configs and fml logs. I have finally been successful at installing gregtech with TC and forestry plugins.
The problem was this:
Minecraft has a retarded problem with reading id's. Basically it adds 256 to every id and thats why gregtech conflicted. Subtract 256 from your conflicting id's and you get greg's ids's.

Here is the config:
BlockItemIDs.cfg.txt
For some reason I can't upload cfg files, so all you have to do is delete the .txt from the end of this file and place it in the config/Gregtech folder.
Cheers!

If you don't mind me asking, where does this config go? Is it just a list of IDs i have to change? I'm trying to add GT to my server and would like to simplify the process for my members. If anything, maybe you can give me a small tutorial on how to add it? I can't find one anywhere. Also, what version of GT you recomend for the current unleash. Sorry if this is a lot of questions.. :/

NIKER

Jul 29, 2019
This is awesome, I was wondering when someone not so lazy does this for me so that I can start a new server with TC+GT :D
You put the cfg file to Unleashed\minecraft\config\GregTech and overwrite. Then copy over the mod .zip file from Unhinged and the rest of GT config files and done :)

Thanks a lot Magniff!

MgARBITER

Jul 29, 2019
This is awesome, I was wondering when someone not so lazy does this for me so that I can start a new server with TC+GT :D
You put the cfg file to Unleashed\minecraft\config\GregTech and overwrite. Then copy over the mod .zip file from Unhinged and the rest of GT config files and done :)

Thanks a lot Magniff!

Ha ha. Yeah, i figured it out eventually. I now have my server running perfectly fine (except damn dirty plugins). bukkitforge isnt playing nice right now. lol Many thanks Magniff for the config!

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
did the same thing, but now i have another issue with it.
when i try to make bronze ingots w/ copper/tin ingots, it gives me 111 instead of the 1 the recipie actually makes. dusts are fine.
all it tells me is theres a cross-mod exploit.

MgARBITER

Jul 29, 2019
did the same thing, but now i have another issue with it.
when i try to make bronze ingots w/ copper/tin ingots, it gives me 111 instead of the 1 the recipie actually makes. dusts are fine.
all it tells me is theres a cross-mod exploit.

I'm sure that isnt a HUGE problem, right? If anything you can use the lexicon. Pretty sure the ore dictionary wouldn't get confused. Im guessing anyway :/

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure that isnt a HUGE problem, right? If anything you can use the lexicon. Pretty sure the ore dictionary wouldn't get confused. Im guessing anyway :/
well its annoying to have to discard 110 bronze ingots into a hole. every. single. time. i. craft. an. ingot.
and theres only one copper/tin ore being generated.