[Unleashed] Huge lag spikes, unplayable game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone.

I haven't play FTB since 4 or 5 months and decided to play again with Unleashed.
The problem is, like the title says, I can't even play. I have lag spikes that frozes the game for 1/2 sec every 5 seconds or so.
I play vanilla no problem, with good framerate, no issues. When I played FTB a few months ago, I also had no problems.
I tried to reinstall FTB, but with no succes. Tried installing optifine too, same thing.
It seems that Biomes'o plenty causes that, because when I create a world with default terrain generation, I have lags, but not that much (but it's still pretty much unplayable).

I'll join a screen where you can see those lag spikes.

I precise that my java is up to date (64 bits version) and the lag spikes are there even if Chrome is not open (i read that i could cause lag).

Thanks for your help !

EDIT : As you can see on the screen, the allocated memory is 494 mb. I noticed a lag spike EVERYTIME this limit is reached (which is quite often). I allocated 3 gb of ram via the launcher, but it's still 494 mb on the game ...

Attachments

• 2013-10-02_13.31.14.jpg
    2013-10-02_13.31.14.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 97

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone.

I haven't play FTB since 4 or 5 months and decided to play again with Unleashed.
The problem is, like the title says, I can't even play. I have lag spikes that frozes the game for 1/2 sec every 5 seconds or so.
I play vanilla no problem, with good framerate, no issues. When I played FTB a few months ago, I also had no problems.
I tried to reinstall FTB, but with no succes. Tried installing optifine too, same thing.
It seems that Biomes'o plenty causes that, because when I create a world with default terrain generation, I have lags, but not that much (but it's still pretty much unplayable).

I'll join a screen where you can see those lag spikes.

I precise that my java is up to date (64 bits version) and the lag spikes are there even if Chrome is not open (i read that i could cause lag).

Thanks for your help !

EDIT : As you can see on the screen, the allocated memory is 494 mb. I noticed a lag spike EVERYTIME this limit is reached (which is quite often). I allocated 3 gb of ram via the launcher, but it's still 494 mb on the game ...
When you allocate 3 Gigabytes, that's just the Maximum. You are likely using most of your RAM which leaves you with 494 MB. Set the minimum RAM to 1 Gig and you won't be able to open MC without a Gig of RAM. This could possibly prevent the lag Spikes.

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
I have 8 gigs of ram on my PC, so allocating 3 gigs isn't the issue I think. Like I said, I was able to play Mindcrack and D20 a few weeks ago just fine and without changing the ram stuff, so I don't understand what's causing so much lag.

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
I removed optifine, I put the jvm arguments (in Options > Advanced Options > "Additional Java Parameters" on the FTB Launcher, is that right ?) and nothing more happens. I have 2 gigs of memory allocated, still 494 mb allocated when I play ...

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
RAM is not all. Your other system specs ( CPU, GPU, etc ) also matter. Plus, in the last 4 or 5 months FTB changed a LOT. Unleashed got more mods than all the old modpacks combined. Your RAM is massive, but your other PC parts may be the problem.

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
I got an i5-2400 CPU and a AMD 6870 GPU. The game runs fine, 80fps with far rendering and all that, but like I said previously, it's the lack of memory that causes the lag spikes, everytime. If I could find a way to increase that memory, I think I wouldn't have any problem at all.

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Did you check the slider in the FTB launcher (that one with Max Memory) is set to 4GB+?
Also, make sure there is enough RAM free. Many other programs will consume it.

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see on the screen below, I have 6 gigs of free RAM (sorry, the task manager is in french), set the allocated memory to 5 gigs in the FTB launcher, I've put the jvm arguments, and nothing has changed ...

Attachments

• ftb.JPG
    ftb.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 76

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I notice from your first post that you say you use google chrome is that not a 32bit browser. If it is do you have 32bit java installed as well?

I would also recommened not going any higher than 4gb for ftb.

FangzWuff

Jul 29, 2019
I also got terrible lag on this pack earlier, I removed both Java and installed only 64 bit edition, and set it too 10gb memory, and it hasent bothered me since.
it seemed too be using the 32 version so it ignored my memory settings.

I stil lhave som lagg when loading new dimensions and with far view distance, but I think that might be related too the texture pack, but atlest playable

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
I removed the 32 bits Java and it did nothing :(
Is there any file I can edit where you can tell the allocated memory for the game ? Because, no matter what I do, I'm still stuck at 494 mb, and it's this limit that causes the lag spikes.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Just to be sure that you have the launcher installed properly do the steps here.

If you stil have issues then go here on how to obtain and post the correct log.

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.
Sorry for the lack of response, I haven't had internet the past few days.

I reinstalled FTB, Java and all that, following the instructions.
So, I forced a crash to get logs, here are those logs : http://pastebin.com/KqETFP1A

I saw on the logs this : "Memory: 26821432 bytes (25 MB) / 518979584 bytes (494 MB) up to 518979584 bytes (494 MB)"

Is there a way to increase the max memory ? Again, this limit is causing my lag spikes.

IlliniJeeper

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

So, I forced a crash to get logs, here are those logs : http://pastebin.com/KqETFP1A

I saw on the logs this : "Memory: 26821432 bytes (25 MB) / 518979584 bytes (494 MB) up to 518979584 bytes (494 MB)"

Is there a way to increase the max memory ? Again, this limit is causing my lag spikes.

You can do it with the JVM arguments with the -Xms and -Xmn arguments.

Shyd

Jul 29, 2019
So what should I type exactly ? I have the 32 bits version of Java (because I use Google Chrome) and no 64 bits version installed.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Hello.

The log shows that you are running 32bit windows not 64bit or you have 32bit java still installed. If you have 32bit installed then you need to remove it because you won't be able to allocate any more than 1gb of ram.

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: GuildMaster
Status
Not open for further replies.