Unleashed 1.1.3: Bee Temp Range...5 or 6?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone who's ever harassed me about NecroRezzing threads...Merry Xmas!

I'm at the point in my bee breeding where I'm increasing production by increasing lifespan length. I used the Aura bee to get the 'fastest' production speed trait, and that got me relatively close to Doctoral, so I chose to go after Doctoral for 'longest' lifespan trait. While waiting for the Isolator to spit out a few of those serums, I noticed another serum that caught my eye and confused me somewhat.

Seems that Doctoral bees have a 'Both 3' Temp tolerance trait. I had thought the highest tier of temp tolerance was 'Both 2', which I'm pretty sure is what I've used before in other worlds. After noticing this, I looked at how many bee temps there are and the wiki lists six. However, I had similarly thought that Hot & Hellish were the same temp [as far as bees go] and Hellish just equates to the temp in the Nether. And, when I first started out with bees, I watch some of Florastar's 'Bee University' tutorial videos and recall her stating there were only 5 bee biome temps. Also, I seem to recall mutating bees in the Nether [as required] and then coming back to the overworld and setting up an apiary in the desert to get those same bees to a purebred state [ex: Demonic] without any 'hostile environ' errors. However, just now examining the temp tolerance page, shows that most/all of the bees that require the Nether to mutate also come with a temp tolerance that would allow them to work in a 'Hot' environ, if 'Hellish' is warmer than 'Hot'.

Now that you know where I'm coming from, just how many bee biome temps are there, 5 or 6? It matters somewhat because I know from experience that if you're not careful about which princess you chose, a pairing between different species can strip away the tolerances that enable the princess/queen to work in the biome you've chosen to setup your bee stuff in. And that can be somewhat of a a hassle to recover from.