Uncraftable tools in Metallurgy 3?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Misery

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this one is happening in the current version of the Horizons modpack for me.

I can smelt ores as normal, I can craft them into the various armor pieces, but when it comes to things like picks or swords or shovels, it cant be done.

Not only that, but looking them up in NEI, they dont appear to even have any crafting recipe/information there. I can pull up the recipes of other things, but not those.

For now, I'm just working around it, giving myself the correct tool once I have the materials and deleting the required numbers of items that would normally be used to make it, but.... while that works, it's pretty annoying.

Any suggestions for this one? This was not happening at all in the previous versions of this modpack.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I just had the exact same issue. For some reason, all the Metallurgy Tools are disabled in the config. The relevant config file is in minecraft/config/Metallurgy3/MetallurgyCore.cfg
At the very bottom, there's a lot of boolean values set to false under the section "tool recipes". Set each of them to true and you can craft your tools again.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
that is probably because they want you to craft the Tico version with extra Tico
if you smelt metallurgy ores in a smeltery and cast the various parts, you can use them

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
that is probably because they want you to craft the Tico version with extra Tico
if you smelt metallurgy ores in a smeltery and cast the various parts, you can use them
The TiCo versions are better anyway. And more efficient. But the tartarite stuff doesn't carry over the effects unlike all the other metals for some reason(Except high durability/speed/mining level/attack)

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
The TiCo versions are better anyway. And more efficient. But the tartarite stuff doesn't carry over the effects unlike all the other metals for some reason(Except high durability/speed/mining level/attack)
I know about the TiCon tools, but there are actually a lot of effects (particularly for fantasy metals) that don't carry over to TiCon tools - at least as far as I know.
The reason I wanted the original Metallurgy tools was because I got a lot of Carmot very early on and wanted to make a Carmot Sword, which has Looting II. I don't think you get Looting/Luck on a TiCon Carmot Sword unless you add Lapis yourself.

That's the only reason I care about the non-TiCon tools.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Just change the config. Metallurgy has been in Resonant Rise since before TE went updated to 1.6. Even after ExtraTiC was developed, the main use for the numerous ores & alloys was for the built in effects. It seems odd that tool and weapon creation would be disabled. Especially since people complain so much about metallurgy metals being useless.