Unable to Craft Thaumometer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been playing on a small Gregtech-centered modpack recently and have come across an issue. When I mine infused stone from thaumcraft, it gives me an item called shard of [aspect] from Gregtech instead of the usual earth shard, water shard, etc from thaumcraft. I didn't think anything of it at first, but when I went to craft a thaumometer, the Gregtech versions of the shards don't work. I flipped through nei, but didn't see anything on converting them. So, my question is, is there any way to change them other than /gamemode 1 magic?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Gotchya. Honestly, I was hoping that I just missed something incredibly obvious and that's why you said that. It does seem really weird that Greg would choose thaumcraft to mess with, seeing as it barely (if at all) interferes with technological progression...

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
...you do know that Greg stopped mucking around in other mods' code a very long time ago, right?
Yes, that does sound familiar. Also, (not directed at trajing) if this thread becomes a horde of people fighting about GT, I'll...well...I'll be mad i guess :p

Here's a screenshot of the thing:
TF3RngQ.png

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
That's really weird. Looks like a normal Thaumcraft shard.....

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
if this thread becomes a horde of people fighting about GT, I'll...well...I'll be mad i guess :p

You won't be the only one.

I believe your issue is the oreDict work that Greg does. While it is incredibly helpful, it appears to have messed this up, which is odd considering Greg seems to like TC4 quite a bit. My advice is to see if @Pyure knows anything since he's a regular GT user. If he doesn't, just cheat in the needed shards.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Lol, well, Gtech tends to mess around with other mods, I just never imagined it would mess with a magical mod..
Gregtech and Thaumcraft work together (the modders) to integrate their mods together strongly. This isn't a "omg greg" thing.
You won't be the only one.

I believe your issue is the oreDict work that Greg does. While it is incredibly helpful, it appears to have messed this up, which is odd considering Greg seems to like TC4 quite a bit. My advice is to see if @Pyure knows anything since he's a regular GT user. If he doesn't, just cheat in the needed shards.
As far as I can tell you nailed it. The shards exist in GT for technical reasons (Greg creates a gt-version of eeeevvvverything) the ore-dicting should have taken care of this automagically. You should mention it to the person who assembled the pack, because the issue isn't omnipresent in GT packs (including the one I'm playing.)

pizza, what are you mining with, may I ask?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
...you do know that Greg stopped mucking around in other mods' code a very long time ago, right?

This may be true, but the last version of GT I played (Resurrection) used a forced ore unification that would turn any ore/dust/ingot into the GT version. This did make things difficult at times as some of the TE recipes didn't recognize the GT counterparts correctly. If this were to interfere with TC shards, it is likely that TC recipes wouldn't recognize the GT version as well.

From my Resurrection play, I remember there being a way to grind the shards (usually result of processing with GT machines), then reassemble them via a TC crucible recipe. Might take some research to get there, but it may be possible to change them back to TC shards with this method. Here's hoping they don't automatically switch back to GT variants before you can use them.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Tcon steel pick, but I still got the same shards when I was using vanilla stone/iron pickaxes.
Got it, just checking.

For what its worth, I just tested in a GT pack with vanilla stone tools and got "air shards" rather than anything from GT. Bring it to the modpack author's attention, he or she will be able to identify the exact source of the problem.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That would be because I disabled Thaumcraft integration as the Thaumonomicon doesn't update recipes to show the GT ones.

Also, I disabled unification, and it still does it... GG GT >_>

I will add a recipe for it using GT shards >_<