Unable to craft mod items.

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, just a question i'm stumped with.

Running Beta Pack A and the server is hosted on a Multiplay server with 2gb of ram.
Added no extra mods at all.

Basically the title says it all, we can make the recipes of mod items in crafting tables but when we try to take it out, it wont let us. Now i know this is probably gonna be a facepalm setting somewhere that i've missed but i am truly stumped on the matter.

If anybody can cast any light on what i'm doing wrong, i would be much obliged!

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason the client config files and server config files aren't matching at the moment.
If im not mistaken can this be quickfied by copying the client config files to the server.

Reactions: direlight and Yeti

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks Meldiron, was literally just reading something on this in another post.... tried it but to no avail!!!
The items still snap back to the grid. Will probably sleep on it and see whats happening in the morning.... Cheers.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
What mod items are you trying to make?
Have you been able to make any other mod items?
We'r just talking about items made in vanilla crafting benches right?

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, tried making cogs from Buildcraft, Notebook from Mystcraft and Crop sticks from IC2 all in the vanilla crafting bench.
Even tried making the portable crafting bench in my 2x2 but that was the same.... i know its gonna be something dead simple. These things usually are.
May just try a fresh install tomorrow if nothing turns up. Thanks again for the help.

direlight

Jul 29, 2019
I have this problem as well, currently with macerators and water mills. I tried a fresh install and it still did not work.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I have this problem as well, currently with macerators and water mills. I tried a fresh install and it still did not work.
Those problems sounds like they are caused by the config files of the client and server beeing different. GregTech changes the recepies for a lot of IC2 items and for some reason it's disabled in the client config but not in the server config. Try copying your local config file to the server and see if that helps.

Reactions: direlight

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Ha!!! Sorry to have bothered you guys, finally fixed it.. i think!!

Ran the server locally and everything could be crafted, had another look at the Multiplay server... turns out i had it running on a profile for Minecraft that used its own config files....
Found that they had one for FTB and everything works again..... said it would be something simple.....
Apologies for wasting anybodys time and feel free to lock this... PROBLEM SOLVED!!! ;)

direlight

Jul 29, 2019
Those problems sounds like they are caused by the config files of the client and server beeing different. GregTech changes the recepies for a lot of IC2 items and for some reason it's disabled in the client config but not in the server config. Try copying your local config file to the server and see if that helps.
Thanks for the assistance! Copying the config file to my server config file fixed the issue.

O

oOakyy

Ha!!! Sorry to have bothered you guys, finally fixed it.. i think!!

Ran the server locally and everything could be crafted, had another look at the Multiplay server... turns out i had it running on a profile for Minecraft that used its own config files....
Found that they had one for FTB and everything works again..... said it would be something simple.....
Apologies for wasting anybody's time and feel free to lock this... PROBLEM SOLVED!!! ;)
Is there any chance you'd be able to put this in imbecile language for me

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Is there any chance you'd be able to put this in imbecile language for me
This is a thread from 2012 - why do you want something explained about this?

If you have a problem of your own, then start a new thread/topic with information about your issue - and also provide logs.

Is it a server issue then this is the right part of the forum, if it's client/singelplayer go here and post your thread:
https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/tech-support.210/

O

oOakyy

This is a thread from 2012 - why do you want something explained about this?

If you have a problem of your own, then start a new thread/topic with information about your issue - and also provide logs.

Is it a server issue then this is the right part of the forum, if it's client/singelplayer go here and post your thread:
https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/tech-support.210/
Because I'm having the exact same problem that he described and I was hoping that he'd get an email saying somthing about it instead of bothering other people