Ultimate Pack - Why do my thermal generators catch on fire?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sprung

Jul 29, 2019
The first time it happened I considered it a fluke and I saw it start and I was able to put out the 5 or 6 that caught on fire before it spread.

Well this time I came back to the base and it was on fire again, but this time it had spread to them all :(

What causes these to burst into flame? I don't think there is anyway that I can put them all out and it does not seem to affect their operation in a negative way (they are not burning up.)

Is this normal? Here is a picture of the mess:

2013_04_13_15_45_57.png

Reactions: Jay Cee

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
put a roof over them. catching fire when exposed to rain and potentially exploding is one of those config bits.

throwing flowing water over them might put out the fire, if you like craters.

or at least that was my understanding. after having the issue once i clamped down on the configs disabling all the fluffykins bull like that.

edit: yes most decisively gregtech. he changes too danged much but at least there's *usually* a config.

he's actually one of the better authors in that regard.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
They really shouldn't do that though, it's odd.

Burning machines should be pretty much limited to energy consumers.

EDIT: Oh, open to the sky.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
1/23/2013 2.77c http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=97206#post97206

Made Machines able to catch Fire, but they won't burn away (they will just burn forever like Netherrack). But as I said, I will let burning Machines randomly explode in the next Version.

1/25/2013 2.77d http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=97503#post97503

Machines now explode when on Fire. This happens randomly, so that the Fire has time to spread to other Machines.
####################
# machines
####################

machines {
B:constant_need_of_energy=false
B:explosions_on_nonwrenching=false
B:fire_causes_explosions=false
B:lightning_causes_explosions=false
B:machines_flammable=false
B:rain_causes_explosions=false
B:wirefire_on_explosion=false
}
as i said i've disabled most of these fluffykins bits. you can do the same.
in gregtech.cfg

i did this when i found it retroactively made solar panels vulnerable to rain. serious what the eff on that.

also apparently there was a point where they could catch fire simply by running too long, though this was before fire could cause explosions was added. not really documented at all aside from notes in the configs and changelogs, even after reading through a few hundred pages of his ic2 forum thread, and his eternally out of date wiki.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Just LOL

GregTECH should invent a fireplace. It will rarely go out, and when it does, it will catch fire.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I lol'd for real when I saw the picture.

That's so awesome.

Also, I'm diggin' your set up. It looks sweet. Well, you know, minus the fire.