twlight forest memory leak. and turtles

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Or so the people who run the server I am on say it has been removed and so have turtles to reduce lag.

Anyone else have these issues?

kyle

Jul 29, 2019
I removed Twilight Forest and there's been a noticeable decrease in lag.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
I've only noticed lag when we go there and populate the dimension. Load on CPU and memory is constantly on low numbers, like 12-20% load. It's the same problem when other dimensions are generated, but only when they generate and later the lag is out. I've discussed this with my friends and were more thinking of it as a disk issue as the process of generate overloads the disks. But I'm not 100 % sure.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
If you are running sata HDD's yes you will find problems with your disk. Even normal MC will sometimes cap you out on your HHD's. The IOP's from a HDD are at max 200 IOP's. Compare that to a SSD that has over 100.000 even up to 200.000 IOP's. And since minecraft is writing and rewriting multiple worlds, player files, and much more, your IOP's will cap out VERY fast on a HDD, even 4 HHD's in raid 0.

(IOP's is a term reffering to Operations Per Second. )

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
So its it really work getting an SSD to run a minecraft server. Because I may guy a 60GB SSD for my Mac Pro to host it. Currently using a normal HDD.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
yes a SSD is really worth it, for minecraft and just for your OS of your max. They are amazing