Request Twitch Support

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing pretty much everyone here knows the streaming website Twitch (if you don't, go check it out)
to explain twitch in a few words, it's a website where people can stream (game) content that other viewers can watch.

on the forum there's a special category where streamers can advertise their streams, and some well known people from the minecraft community also livestream minecraft (and other games) on twitch, heck, even people from the FTB team often livestream on twitch.

often these streamers do dual/multistreams with other streamers and there'd be links posted in chat to websites where you can view multiple streams of twitch at once.

this had me thinking... how about FTB also offers a multistream website for twitch? with this website you'd be able to load several twitch streams and generate a link that you could share that viewers can click and view the multistreams.

ofcourse you could go really fancy and do something similar as seen on allpick.tv and KBMOD, where for example you could...
  • resize the windows of streams, move them around or choose between several window layouts
  • have the chat of the stream be connected to the streamwindow or a central place where you could switch between the several stream chats
  • have a list of streamers that you could create where you can see which streamers are online or offline, and load their stream by clicking on their names.
  • generate a link with the streamwindows at the exact location that you've put them so it'll be easier for others to simply click the link and watch

perhaps you could even go as far as linking your twitch account with the multistream website and automatically have your followed streamers show on the streamers list or save your list of streamers so you could easily load it up on another computer. or perhaps have a seperate streamers list that has all the FTB staff members on it.

you could also use this website when you want to announce news through streaming and share the multistream link on the internet for others to view.

with that wouldn't it also perhaps be possible to create a twitch account for official FTB streams? I know you can create groups, but perhaps you want to have a single account where all the official news is being shared where you can also create past broadcasts for others to view.