Twilight Portal Linking To Overworld

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

infernalinfernos

Jul 29, 2019
So I have just made a twilight portal at 160y on my sky island. When I enter the portal again from the other side, I pop up at another portal at the same x and z coordinates but at 117y (the ground under my island). I tried destroying that portal, making the portal in the twilight at 160y, but I still created a new portal at ground level and cannot get a portal in the twilight to link to my portal on the island. Solutions?

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried making said portal in the twilight at that y level? and it is perhaps possible that the twilight portals dont link past a set y value, similar to how nether portals wouldnt sync if above a set y value

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
He's mentioned trying to match the y-values.

Just a guess, but maybe it just slaps down a portal at the first depth appropriate: that is to say, where it happens to find a plot of grass. What if you spread a layer of gravel or something around the area under your island?

infernalinfernos

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I still have this problem, and sometimes when I disable the wrong portal in the overworld, it creates another one underground.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very strange problem you are having. I would just go the MystCraft route. Also, make sure you use a bookstand or lectern or it will decay.