[Twilight Forest] Unknown Dungeon

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found anything useful in the wiki, nor in this forum, so here's what's going on.
I've found this wonderful dungeon right next to my spawn portal. I've explored it but all I got were just some evil books, tons of zombie, but no interesting boss or loot. Does anybody know if something cool is hiding somewhere inside or nearby? Thanks in advance!

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
A castle? The boss is at the top of the main staircase.[DOUBLEPOST=1357496277][/DOUBLEPOST]That's a wierd lookin castle.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't look like a Lich castle from the inside, and there are some strange doors on the inside, 3x3, made of a strange kind of wood with a red dot in the middle of each block. Right clicking any of these blocks will make the other vanish and open the door. I've faced a Lich once, his castle is completely different from this one.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed one too and found nothing interesting inside. I imagine it's just WIP like most things in twilight forest.

A jetpack won't reach to the top - they are way too high from my experience.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've seen of it so far, it is a work in progress dungeon, not completed yet. You can look up the blocks it's made out of, even, and a few of them still say "WIP" on them.

This and the WIP time wood tree are why I'm refraining of entering the Twilight Forest for now. I want these goodies to generate proper and complete.

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

Atdiy

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed - that castle's totally bad ass. Looks like I've more exploring to do!

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed - that castle's totally bad ass. Looks like I've more exploring to do!

Its the new Time Tower that spawns in the Dark Forests. They are indeed a WIP (see the mod's thread in minecraftforums.net for some more info) and only have minimal content in them so far. I have seen a couple this week while exploring for an Enchanted Forest and they do look awesome.

YarnTheory

Jul 29, 2019
seconding greytusks post. they're a WIP dungeon. they make really good mob traps, but that's about it for now

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a good dungeon to explore in the Twilight Forest, look for large clearings in the forest where you might find dirt mounds that serve as entrances to.. something. It's easy to spend hours inside of one dungeon, and that's just on the first level.

Reactions: Guswut

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Hollow hills? I used to hate them, dying over and over again, then I discovered invisibility potions.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I really liked the look of the blocks in the tower, so I went a little nuts on one with a Wand of Equal Trade, and ended up building my base out of them. I figure it's a fitting accompaniment to my mazestone basement. :D

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
I really liked the look of the blocks in the tower, so I went a little nuts on one with a Wand of Equal Trade, and ended up building my base out of them. I figure it's a fitting accompaniment to my mazestone basement. :D

A better way to get mazestone would be to use a mining laser on explosive or scatter if you're on the lower level, provided you have a good lappack.