Twilight Forest spawning in the overworld.

mdog0716

Jul 29, 2019
I am creating a modpack and testing it I found that Twilight Forest biomes and mobs spawn in the overworld. Can I change this?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure, it might be a biome ID issue. I'm having the same thing happen to me, as well. Though, honestly, its not a huge issue for me, its just weird.

mdog0716

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure, it might be a biome ID issue. I'm having the same thing happen to me, as well. Though, honestly, its not a huge issue for me, its just weird.
It really wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that I'm making a public modpack and I would rather not not take care of the issue. Also I changed all the biome's ids and that didn't work.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've had this problem, and it's all down to the new Biome System in Minecraft.
Pre 1.7 you had 256 ID ranges for biomes.
In 1.7 all IDs above 128 are variations of the biomes below 128, so Mojang have in effect halfed the number of free biome slots.
Add in Biomes O Plenty (or other biome mod) and that'll use up most of the free slots, then many other mods use biomes too (Thaumcraft, Buildcraft, etc)

The only option is to ensure that the TF biomes that can spawn in overworld are the more "normal" ones and match the overworld counterparts. Took me a long time in my modpack, but the chances of other dimension biomes appearing in overworld are very low now, and they do fit quite nicely. You don't appear to get the unique dungeons spawning, so it's not too much of an issue.

If you want, checkout my public pack (OmegaDawn) to see how I've done my IDs. I also use The Erebus, alongside TF and many other mods adding biomes, so it's been a juggling act.

Biome IDs are pretty much the only remaining ID conflict left (along with potion IDs).