Tutorial Videos

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
I have been doing some short tutorial videos about exact things to do in FTB, but I cannot find a decent section on these forums for tutorial videos.

So, I am going to post mine here, and if others make subject-specific videos they can add theirs as replies (be sure and use spoilers or this will get VERY long).

Also, apparently there is a limit to 5 pieces of media, so watch out for that too.

Categories Links
Bees
Compact, Super-fast Quarries

How to use an ME Interface with various equipment
Basics with Furnaces, Compressors, and similar one-input/one-output devices.

Interactions with Buildcraft/Redpower pipes

Working with Assembly Tables

Automatic farming with Xychlorium Soil & Lilypads of Fertility

If anyone wants a video about something SPECIFIC, let me know.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps ask ICountFromZero to add you to his "collected guides" thread?
That seems like the right place to go.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Generikb's BEEcademy Bee Tutorial episodes 1-5 (Unlike mod spotlights this series will tell you how to actually start with beekeeping in practice and continues to explain advanced stuff. Playlist for all of them)

PS. You should link to the other posts in this thread in the first post so people don't have to scroll through the entire thread if they are looking for something. You can get the links to specific posts from the little number next to the Like button.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe some mystcraft tutorial? Or twilight tutorial? :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
How to turn off engines charging up a Redstone Power Cell when the power cell is full.

Maybe some mystcraft tutorial? Or twilight tutorial? :D

Exactly what do you need about Mystcraft? It is a very large mod so there are different aspects.
1) Quick ways to collect pages (without cheating).
2) How to craft all the blocks needed to craft books.
3) How to make STABLE ages.

Not sure how to do a twilight tutorial. It's a dimension, you go there and explore.

I have been doing some boss videos for a series I am going to call "Like a Boss!" where I defeat various Minecraft bosses with power armor, diamond sword, and a bow although I haven't published any yet. I haven't seen any real need.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
For the mystcraft maybe how to create ages.

And the twilight maybe how to defeat certain bosses? Because bosses can take some huge hit, and could kill us in 1 / 2 hits. You should post it though. Who know some people needs it. Like me for instance. tips like that maybe good.

Also i really can't understand how to automate something like automatic tree farm > biomass > biofuel if you can make a tutorial of that will be great. :D

Hope this don't bother you

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight forest bosses,
Let me see.

1. Naga. Wear good armour and hit him hard - no tricks needed. A good, spammable ranged weapon is your friend - and ars magica ender bolt kills him in around 3-4 shots, for example.
You must stand within the courtyard to hit him.

2. Hydra. Take a fire resistance potion (ii) and possibly a regen one also.
Wear good armour - naga may be good as it comes with fire resist 3 on the chestplate.
Nano on other parts may be good, perhaps naga legs also.
Must be withing his range to damage him.
Aim for the mouths when open.

3. Lich.
First stage.
Before he shoots, he will emit either red or green particles.
If red, it's an explosive unreflective shot, dodge this.
If green, it's reflectable, like a ghasts shot - hit it back at him, do this until his yeilds wear out, each one reflected is a shield gone.

Second stage.
He spawns a ton of zombies.
It's helpful to remove the roof before the fight as this effectively negates this, but something with splash may be helpful, such as a splash healing potion, a hold hand grenade or a TiC scythe (1.5) a TC sword may work.
In general just kill all the zombies.

Third stage.
He attacks you with a sword.
Once he reaches this stage you've won.
Simply hit him.

A rather Zelda-Esque battle indeed.

The UR-Ghast is an unknown to me, in imagining it involves a lot of Tennis.
A good bow and some potions would also be helpful.
A XR handgun will most likely completely destroy him.

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Nice sir. Thanks for your guide. Is there any chance you can give a guide for mystcraft ages? How to make them perhaps

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Whisperduke

Jul 29, 2019
A fully sustainable MFR Treefarm producing its own fertilizer and biofuel for use in High Pressure Boilers :-D.