Treecapitator for 1.6.4

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I still use Treecapitator mostly because its easier to maintain a clean looking landscape without floating treetops here and there. I also like how it destroys the leaves when the tree comes down, rather than leaving them hanging in midair.

Anyway, this isn't about justification for using Treecapitator. I'm curious if anyone has had trouble with compatibility with Biomes o Plenty (or any other mods). I noticed that the config file has an extensive tree list under the BOP category, and also these trees do come down with treecapitator just fine. However there are trees not in the list (such as the ones from the Seasonal Forest biome. These autumn colored trees don't come down with treecapitator and I've been trying to figure out how to modify the config to make them work but so far have had no success.

Here's one which I added but didn't help. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Code:
        orangeautumn {
            S:leafConfigKeys=<block:Leaf Block ID 2>,3
            S:logConfigKeys=17,0
            B:requireLeafDecayCheck=false
        }

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Why add treecapitator when you can use the lumber axe from TiCo?
Or the Axe of the Stream from TC4? Or whatever the enchant from Dartcraft is called?

Gawt dayum leaves.

Also because of the way several of those work through not destroying leaves much of the time you end up with pieces left in the trees which is the #1 most annoying thing of all time

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats to Hoff for actually reading my post.

Yes, the leaves are an issue that is handled by Treecapitator but not the other axes. I like the Project Red sickle as a decent way to trim leaves, but for big trees that's just way too tedious. If I want to clear land of trees (including the leaves) I'd have to climb up there and take it apart from the top down with the sickle. For each tree.

The other issue is that its available IMMEDIATELY, unlike Axe of the Stream, or the Lumberaxe from Tinker's. So literally as soon as you make your first crafting table you can make a stone axe and start taking trees down cleanly.

Also, I don't use Dartcraft.

So I take it nobody knows how to set up the config to chop those particular trees?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know how to config it but I like to weight in on treecapitator. I like treecapitator too due to how it handles leaves which other mods' tools doesn't work half as good as treecap does. And I do hope the add it in, even if it is an upgrade and takes up a modifier spot.
A lot of the mods adds in trees with height that makes manual leaf removal a practice in futility. Leaving them to decay by themselves irks me too.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk