Tree Breeding information?

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to explore the tree breeding excitement of Forestry recently. I'm trying to be at least somewhat scientific about it, so I looked up some info online. I found this flowchart and set everything up. I happened to gather a spruce pollen. Hoping for a bull pine, I used the pollen on a larch and got... yew?!? Clearly this chart is missing some data, if I can get a tree not even listed.

Where can I find better information concerning tree breeding in the Unleashed pack?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the wonder world of Extra Trees by Binnie. He adds dozens of trees to the tree breeding mix; I'm not sure if there's a flow chart of all of them, but the wiki link Miguk provided should help you out a lot.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Well it helps me find info on one tree. And if I scour the Trees category I can see a list of trees which may or may not be connected with Forestry, and from there build some of the information I was asking for. But what I'm asking is if that information has already been compiled somewhere so I don't have to spend my time re-creating something from an incomplete and possibly inaccurate collection of unconnected data. So, yeah it's helpful if there's nothing else out there.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I kept looking and found nothing. Looks like I'll have to be the one to make it. Half done:
smducoX.png
I'm using abbreviations for everything. A list goes with it. Abbreviations are pretty obvious, mostly (SLi = silver lime, GCe = great cedar, Plm = Plum)

Also, I just discovered the master arborist's database, and that looks handier than what I'm bashing together here. So unless I get this finished and it's more awesome than it looks like it's going to be, that's probably what people who care about trees and who have Extra Trees installed should do.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
As Above^^

Uhm NEI gives all the tree breeding combos... just find the one you want and follow the breeds back... Same goes for bees.