Trashcan or Delete Mode from NEI?

Which one is better?

• Trashcan (Don't know the mod it is in)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Delete Mode (NEI)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Both

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
The Trashcan is from the 1.5.2 beta modpack and I really don't know what mod it is in. Here is the pic:

and here is the Delete Mode from NEI:

which one is better?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Delete mode, then you don't even need to waste your resources for a dumb can. Auto disposal is best with IC2 recyclers for things GT haven't blacklisted and for the blacklist items just use a void pipe or better still DSU the items.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
good luck autodeleting overflow with delete mode in NEI.
recyclers are not always a good option for massive amount of waste materials, like vines from jungle tree farms.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
good luck autodeleting overflow with delete mode in NEI.
recyclers are not always a good option for massive amount of waste materials, like vines from jungle tree farms.
mass loads can be done with Overclockers or more machines. Voidpipes will work for anything the recycler doesn't produce scrap from. AE works fine with it if you do it right.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Void pipes can be used with any sorting/piping system:-

Buildcraft:- just attach it
Redpower:- dump items into a deployer firing at an obsidian pipe with a void pipe on the other side
AE:- dump excess into a chest and pump out with a wooden pipe into a void pipe

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics just added an ME Condenser (http://ae-mod.info/ME-Condenser/) that can be used as trashcan.

And it seems to not simply destroy the materials, it stores the energy. Looks like this energy will be used in the future to extend the AE network over large distances, maybe even dimensions.

Rhodan

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest advantage the trash can has over the other disposal options is that it looks like a cute little trash can.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics just added an ME Condenser (http://ae-mod.info/ME-Condenser/) that can be used as trashcan.

And it seems to not simply destroy the materials, it stores the energy. Looks like this energy will be used in the future to extend the AE network over large distances, maybe even dimensions.

I use it for my Matter Cannon :D

Because it takes 4,000 stacks of cobble to make 1 Singularity

And we're looking at 8,000 stacks in the future for a transmitter / receiver set up, if there is one.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I use it for my Matter Cannon :D

Because it takes 4,000 stacks of cobble to make 1 Singularity

And we're looking at 8,000 stacks in the future for a transmitter / receiver set up, if there is one.

A few dozen Igneous Extruders should do the trick. :D

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
To answer the question no one else has, the Trash Can itself is a cool little block from Extra Utilities. I have a couple of these lying around the city on my favorite server, but what the people who use them don't know is that I'm pumping the items they throw in out and mass fab-ing them. Hehehehehe...