Trash Dirt/Stone/Etc from Quarries

Torigoma

Jul 29, 2019
Now that EE3 no longer comes with the Energy Condenser, I need to find something else to pump the trash dirt and other such things from my Quarries into. I know that the Recycler is able to produce it into something useful, but It takes a good number of them to take in the trash from a large Quarry (on the upside though, if the scrap is pumped into a generator, they can run themselves).

Does anyone else know any other viable use for such large amounts of Quarry Trash?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Well, unless you have an auto-dirt producing setup, keep your dirt. I know it's common, but it's useful in several occasions. For cobblestone/gravel/flint, you can void it all you want. Igneous extruders make cobblestone for free on demand, and you can grind it to produce sand and gravel, which can get you flint. Recyclers are good, you'll want the scrap(boxes) anyways for free items (whether in the form of boxes or UU-Matter).

But in all honesty, I don't believe there is use for keeping your cobblestone. If you macerate plantballs, you don't need to keep your dirt either. Recycling's probably the best thing you can do with it, but making an igneous extruder is better if you don't need to quarry.

Reactions: NosePicker5555

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 recyclers with 4 overclockers each (more is possible, but then I think you need better than 32EU packets, which is a more involved upgrade), with 2 hoppers on top of each. My bottleneck is never the recyclers at all, and in fact it's more common for one of them to be idle than for all to be running at once. So, I have a setup that produces cookies and bonemeal that keeps feeding into the recyclers just to keep them busy while the quarry is going. I could try doing better than the 32 MJ/t I'm currently pushing to the quarry if I wanted stuff faster, but from what I've seen the difference is very slight.

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 recyclers with 4 overclockers each (more is possible, but then I think you need better than 32EU packets, which is a more involved upgrade), with 2 hoppers on top of each. My bottleneck is never the recyclers at all, and in fact it's more common for one of them to be idle than for all to be running at once. So, I have a setup that produces cookies and bonemeal that keeps feeding into the recyclers just to keep them busy while the quarry is going. I could try doing better than the 32 MJ/t I'm currently pushing to the quarry if I wanted stuff faster, but from what I've seen the difference is very slight.
Ehem, transformer upgrades are amazing.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Ehem, transformer upgrades are amazing.
Yeah, so if I ever hit a point where my setup can't keep up and I run out of room to add more recyclers and I feel like investing in expensive cables instead of really cheap ones, then I might just do that. Really, I don't expect that to ever happen.

Adragal

Jul 29, 2019
Expensive? unlikely, thanks to EE3 you can get diamonds without ever setting foot in a deep cave via growing and knocking down giant jungle trees then converting the wood to iron/gold/diamonds for those higher end cables

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Expensive? unlikely, thanks to EE3 you can get diamonds without ever setting foot in a deep cave via growing and knocking down giant jungle trees then converting the wood to iron/gold/diamonds for those higher end cables
Assuming that the player uses EE3. Many people don't, myself included.

To OP, if you wish to use IC2, then scrap/scrapboxes are the way to go (if you use GregTech, you'll get less return on your scrap, due to 60% chance of a scrapbox producing scrap), otherwise, void it all before it hits your sorting systems.

I do miss the condensor for dealing with all the trash, was the only thing I used it for. Nice to stop by now and again and pick up a couple of diamonds.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I find it easier when you have GT installed. Just pop in 4 nikolite ore, or just some diamond ore and get the dust. Not like you'll be using that dust for anything else, especially if you silk touched all your ore and waited till grinder-time.