Trapped in a mystcraft world

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck in a mystcraft world, and stupidly forgot a linking book. What's the quickest way to find a star fissure?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Only some mystcraft worlds have star fissures. If you are OP you can use the following:

/tpx [name] 1

That should take you back to the overworld, although my memory is a bit sketchy. If it doesn't work (and you are a mod on your server/ssp) try replacing 1 with Overworld.

potter

Jul 29, 2019
If that doesn't work, you need to setup a temporary shop by collecting leather, feather and sugarcanes and go myst hopping forth and back until you find one with a star fissure symbol. Temporary home if you will

M4rtini

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont mind using the cheaty way.
Turn on creative mode, spawn in a creative notebook and create a mystworld with star fissure.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
even in SSP without cheats on you should be able to go into NEI's options and change it from recipe mode to cheat mode. Grab a writing table and the notebook, it should have all the symbols but I don't know if it pulls that one as a creative one, and use it to create a star fissure containing age.

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
if you don't mind cheating

use nether portals even if you haven't one in the overworld it will automaticly make a portal near your house

Effervo

Jul 29, 2019
This could be a bug. But if you don't want to cheat and don't have the star fissure symbol, create a portal to the twilight forest. Once on the other side if you jump through the portal to go back home, it seems to drop you in the overworld, even if the original portal was created in a mystcraft age.

Darlock Ahe

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to cheat, then get a 1-2 buckets and go through nether, shouldn't take too long.
Nether portals are easier then TF, as they don't really require diamond.

androby2

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks raiju i was stuck in a mystcraft world in single player and now im back to the overworld :D

amorcaecus

Jul 29, 2019
I need help, if anyone is still here. I am on a server with people, I cannot do the cheats (I have tried) and I'm in a sort of flat world nether with NOTHING. How can I get back? I've tried killing myself and I just spawn back there, I had my friend break the book on overworld and nothing. Please, help me?!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I need help, if anyone is still here. I am on a server with people, I cannot do the cheats (I have tried) and I'm in a sort of flat world nether with NOTHING. How can I get back? I've tried killing myself and I just spawn back there, I had my friend break the book on overworld and nothing. Please, help me?!

For this art attack you will need:

One iron ingot, one flint, 10 obsidian (or a bucket, some water and lava).

Escape to the nether and then back to the overworld.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
You could have someone visit you with that stuff. The linking book to get TO the dimension is probably still at your base, right?
Other than that, just call an admin.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
@Type1Ninja This is my server, I own it...
@malicious_bloke I just tried the nether portal... It didn't work...
If you have admin powers, then just type /tpx <yourname> 1 as mentioned above. That will teleport you to the overworld (I haven't used it myself, but my guess is that you would go to your corresponding overworld position, so probably somewhere near your base).

amorcaecus

Jul 29, 2019
If you have admin powers, then just type /tpx <yourname> 1 as mentioned above. That will teleport you to the overworld (I haven't used it myself, but my guess is that you would go to your corresponding overworld position, so probably somewhere near your base).
Do you know how I can give myself the permission if I don't already have it?