Windows .exe Transferring Tekkit world save over to FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ado010

Jul 29, 2019
Is this possible? I've invested a lot of time into my Tekkit world, and really don't want to start over. The reason I want to switch is because I recently learned that Tekkit doesn't even ask for permission to add mods to their pack, so I don't want to continue supporting them.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
From what i've heard isn't it impossible, but there is BIG difference between 1.2.5 minecraft with tekkit and 1.4.2 minecraft with FTB. So you'll probably have to edit out almost every mod related item i guess. But vanilla blocks would probably survive. Im far from sure of this, just guessing based on what other people have been saying.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You're basically asking for a world of problems if you don't want to lose your progress from 1.2.5 Tekkit. If I remember the workaround I found I'll post it.

ado010

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, i hadn't even thought about the incompatibility between the two Minecraft versions themselves. I'll just wait to get bored of the world instead. Thanks guys!

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here are the big differences between tekkit and FTB in their current states.
  • Minecraft Versions (1.2.5/1.4.2)
  • Redpower World Generations. (Marble,Basalt,Ores)
  • ID conflicts and changes between mod packs. (To compromise from ID conflicts there's a mod that changes them for you to be acceptable to play with. They are different between Tekkit and FTB) This basically means what would be an engine for example from Tekkit would be something completely different in FTB.
  • Missing Mods from FTB: Redpower, Equivalent Exchange, More Pipes, Transformers, Advanced Solar Panels... Etc.
  • Missing Mods from Tekkit: ExtraBiomesXL, updated mods, Twilight Forest, Mystcraft, etc.
  • Tekkit's SEVERELY outdated in terms of mod version.
There's just too many reasons why it wouldn't work. You're better off starting off fresh or spawning in as much as you can from your Tekkit World.

Reactions: ado010

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
As Wabbit stated, there is a lot of errors.....not to mention the appalling conversion of 1.2 to 1.4, you can get some nasty chunk errors that are not repairable, however.....wonder if he could use blueprints or something to save some work? No idea, just throwing my piece in.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
As Wabbit stated, there is a lot of errors.....not to mention the appalling conversion of 1.2 to 1.4, you can get some nasty chunk errors that are not repairable, however.....wonder if he could use blueprints or something to save some work? No idea, just throwing my piece in.
That's what I was thinking of! Just using blueprints to move the buildings and stuff!

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I was thinking of! Just using blueprints to move the buildings and stuff!
Don't see any reason blueprints wouldn't work, blueprints save the blocktypes .e.g cobble, basalt, pipe, not the ID's, could be worth a shot?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Probably, as long as the blocks copied are only world gen. I don't think micro blocks work, or machines though.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
You cooooould always wait for permission/plugin support for FTB, save the schemetatics of your builds from Tekkit using World Edit then load the schematics on your FTB world.

I'd remove all your mod blocks/items however. PLEASE back up your world. I can't stress that enough.

Terribly impractical, I know, but hey... Welcome to Minecraft.

Reactions: Ashzification

ado010

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Wabbit, but the two things I mainly wanted to save were my pipes and my quarries. I'm not too worried about buildings because I'm lack creativity, and they're pretty much just big squares containing a bunch of chests, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.