Town Improving Ideas?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of regular villages, so I always like to "upgrade" them as soon as I get the chance, be it into a castle, an actual town or even cities, tho lately I've been kind of running out of ideas on how to improve them or finding different looks for different buildings, since I just don't want to have 30 copy-paste of the same house/ building.

So I'm wondering if any of you would mind sharing some of your building ideas or anything to improve towns and the such, doesn't even have to be just buildings either, bridges, tunnels, gates, castle walls, road styles even, all that stuff that can improve towns aesthetically.

I guess this could be used as a "Showcase" thread if anyone else is interested in all this stuff as well. :p

(Also sorry, I know keep asking for help with this and that, its just I've never really been in a Minecraft community before so I never really got the chance to ask all this in all my time playing MC, so its nice for once being able to get help from others that know more. :)
But yeah, I'll try to tone it down a bit.)

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
2 Weeks old video of our server, most things have changed by the time i recorded this video. Think i should make an new one.
till ~2:30 are the nicer looking buildings in a village. The rest is ugly tech stuff
After 7:30 there is another building in this village not seen in the beginning. (was destroyed by the builder for not looking good :p )

Reactions: Yuka

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Ah those are some pretty nice houses! ^^
(Specially like that house in the middle of the lake and the windmill+ Surroundings.)

Say, how did you manage to make the Windmill blades like that?
There's also the little white fence in front of the house at 1:12, and the little area in front of the house at 1:57 with the green flat-ish top, are all those from a specific mod?

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I am not the builder of them. But lots of this things are microblocks from redpower (when you use a saw to cut blocks). Every building took around 1 day to make.
I'll try to make an updated video soon. As i said new cool looking things are added. I do a close by the windmill maybe you can see how it is done.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I see, I've fully forgotten about RedPower since I used to play in the Magic World Pack.
Seems like they can give a lot more variety for decoration! :D