Too Many Ores

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
So, i'm looking for some tech mods, which is fit some simply rules:

First (and most important): no worldgen, mod must use only vanilla resourses for it's ingredients. Seriously, i'm tired of these useless copper/tin/aluminum/silver/lead/osmium/zink/[insert your unique and necessary resource here] ores. You have goddamn iron for construction and gold for energy, why don't you use it!? Ugh... This also affect rubber trees and any other kind of wild plants, which i hate to collect (sorry, harvestcraft, your food is amazing, but everything else is not) and just see in my world (almost every magic mod have this trouble).

Second (not so important, but desirable): i want to use it as early as possible. Something like factorio-style, when you smelt some ores, assemble circuit on your knee and put it into machine casing to make device.

And third: speed. I don't want to waste whole my life, watching my steel is cooking in blast furnace at rate of one ingot per eternity. I'm also don't want to use modtweaker to correct creator's vision of the mod, until he/she allows me to use config files for it.

Good:
Buildcraft: awesome and classic. Except of assembly table - take too long time to process stuff. Sadly, it also haven't any ore doubling mechanics.
Logistic pipes: same ^
AE1: same ^
Progressive Automation: incredible potential, but not so many features yet.
Extra Utilities: same as buildcraft - useful and nice, but... QED.

Bad:
AE2. Worst worldgen-dependency ever. All features of this brilliant channel-based digital storage is not worth this suffer.
Pneumaticraft. These plants is extremely annoying. Collect all the colors to proceed. Also you cannot just plant it, you need to drop seeds and repeat in case of fail placement. Also you need to waste resourses/pressure at early stages. Sacrilege. D:
Forestry. Bees.
GregTech.

PS: Sorry for horrible english and possible mistakes.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You are way too picky. Oh noes theres a new ore in my world somewhere, its existence offends me. These days, Ive been playing on custom maps like Eldaria islands and theres no mod world gen there, you have to go to the part of the world that is randomly generated.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
I think Mekanism and/or Thermal Expansion are both very well suited to your wishes, except for the worldgen. I think if you want a good, enjoyable tech mod, you're going to have to accept some worldgen of ores. TE adds tin, copper, ferrous, silver, and lead. They are all pretty common, and you find plenty of them when doing your regular mining, so there's no extremely rare resource to chase.

Mekanism adds similar ores plus osmium, which I have never had trouble finding.

I think that if you want more machines than buildcraft, including ore doubling and a more tech feel, you're going to have to accept some worldgen. It's not bad at all if you pick the mods carefully and don't add tons of worldgen mods.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
You could look at Rotarycraft.
Looks awesome, but require some time to make me think rotary. Also NEI problems.

You are way too picky.
Yes, i am. :3

I think Mekanism and/or Thermal Expansion are both very well suited to your wishes, except for the worldgen
They definitely are. I really like TE's simplicity and usefulness and Mekanism's ore multiplication (omg, i need to build huge factory and huge powerplant to feed it with energy, ten out of ten), but, you know, "one more iron" still makes me grumble.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I agree to an extent; having a full periodic table of elements + a load of fantasy elements is kinda annoying once the 'ooh shiny' effects wore off.
Likewise with all the flowers, seeds, ect.. just clearing a spot to build on fills your inventory with crap.

No worldgen:
Steve's Carts
RotaryCraft?

Reasonable amount of worldgen:
Buildcraft- assembly table takes a lot of power; it can run pretty damn quick with the right setup.
Buildcraft add ons.
MFR
Thermal expansion.
Mekanism
Resonant Induction?