To many Items, wrong Recipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I´m running a Server with FTB Ultimate and I have also instaled the Ultimate packed Local on my PC.
But I´m getting wrong Recipes, f.e. "Pulsating Chipset" it tells me its a Ender Pearl and a Redstone but It does not work.
The wiki sais the same think. What do I do wrong or is it just not up to date?

I´m pritty new to the mod and kind of lost without a source with the right recipes.

the Pulsating Chipset is not the only one who is wrong, I just do not remember the others.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I´m running a Server with FTB Ultimate and I have also instaled the Ultimate packed Local on my PC.
But I´m getting wrong Recipes, f.e. "Pulsating Chipset" it tells me its a Ender Pearl and a Redstone but It does not work.
The wiki sais the same think. What do I do wrong or is it just not up to date?

I´m pritty new to the mod and kind of lost without a source with the right recipes.

the Pulsating Chipset is not the only one who is wrong, I just do not remember the others.
For the pulsating chipset you need one of the laser worktable things. Also, it's NEI not TMI.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You need to not only check which ingredients you need, but also which machine is required to build the part.

I'm fairly sure that every single recipe you claim is wrong actually works just fine if you use the required machine for it. ;)

Reactions: tehBlobLord

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Damn... So its me beeing stupid :)
Thx guys.

Edit: Sorry but then I´m lost with the Macerator.... How the hell do I craft it? Every recipe wich appears is so expensive.
and the one from the wiki http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Macerator
does not work in a craftign table... and I do not see any advice that I have to craft it in a other tabel.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Damn... So its me beeing stupid :)
Thx guys.

Edit: Sorry but then I´m lost with the Macerator.... How the hell do I craft it? Every recipe wich appears is so expensive.
and the one from the wiki http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Macerator
does not work in a craftign table... and I do not see any advice that I have to craft it in a other tabel.
Probably gregtech making stuff expensive, use the recipe with diamonds. I'm pretty sure those aren't industrial diamonds, but check anyway.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh good... This stuff is overhelming me. I rly need some good tutorials to get into this step by step. I think I´m triend to begin with the most powerfull beore having the basics... Just I do nto know what the Basics are :p

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
The pulveriser is a better deal then the macerator, but it belongs to the BuildCraft modpack, whereas the macerator is IndustrialCraft. Both double your ores, but the pulversier also gives additional bonus items at random - for example, one cobble becomes two sand when put into either machine, but the pulveriser may also give you some gravel on occasion too.

You will, eventually, want to incorporate the best bits of both packs into your builds... But for starters that can be a bit overwhelming, especially as they use different forms of power. For now I recommend picking one of the two mods and sticking with the machines it provides. Personally I think IndustrialCraft's power system is much simpler for beginners.

You'd do well to look into "mining turtles" and "chunk loaders". Understanding them early will save you a lot of time, especially if you're running a server.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
If you start and want to enjoy it, disable the expensive recipes in the GregTech config, that mod messes with other mods.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I took some hours to watch everything and I think you are right, GregTech will be deleted for the moment. Just to expensive everythink.
But, how do I delete it from the Ultimate pack? Just delete the directory from the moddirectory?

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Open up the FTB launcher, select (but don't start) Ultimate, on the top right there should be an edit modpack button, click it and a list of the mods will appear. Find Gregtech and then click remove.

I don't think this will delete it from your folder, but it does prevent the launcher from launching the game with Gtech installed. So you will have a Gregtech free world. Just note that if you did have any Gregtech machines (which, by the sounds of it you don't) the will disappear.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I wouldn't suggest starting with GT. It does not provide a good initial learning environment.

After you've gotten the hang of the basics and want to start in on some more complex recipes, GT has yo back. If you don't, then you can simply leave it off, or simply enable the easy recipes.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm I have a server rented... So I think I should kill the mod via FTP webcconsole, in some way. I assume that any provider handel it different but what is the usual way to delete it?

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you should delete it tho, it adds many extremely useful recipes for pieces that you will need to craft often like the batteries and the electronic circuits, the recipes give you two of each item instead of one. It adds uses for the Red Power crystals so you don't have to use diamonds for energy crystals It also adds some machines, content and worldgen so you should really just change the config.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Na, I will let it like it is and just farm a bit more. At the end, its a part of the game. If I just delete the mod to later at it again, I also could cheat me the thinks I need. And since I play in survival its not meant to be like this.
Thanks for the advices anyway!