To many connections on one block....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Here comes a bit of ranting about whats anoys me...

Is there some way to build with all the mods and keep it nice looking. I mean that when i need to import liquid and some kind of material to a machine, then extract some material and provide power from the same machine. Pretty much all sides on a machine needs some type of connection. I hate when i cant build my workshop by designing it how i like it to look.

I would love to have some kind of function that allows one connection to the machine and that connection can both import and export and provide items and liquids and power.
Atleast so i can make the blocks around the machine slimmed and nice, then i can drag cables/pipes/wires under the floor or somewhere...

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
You might be able to get it down to 2 connections using extrautils transferpipes. They'll transfer liquid, solid, and power on the same line supposedly. You'd need one input and one output face.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
There is also a new mod that does allow that sort of functionality. I don't remember if it is ender IO or Engineers Toolbox, or another mod entirely. I know the transfer nodes from extra utilities got an upgrade for 1.6, and can now handle liquids and items with the same pipe.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
took a look at transvector interface, it is very interessting and now i got a reason to look at that mod.
but it can not work with EU and that is a bit sad.

Transfer nodes is nice, but still need one liquid node, item node and power node on the block/machne, so the same problem is still there.

Never heard of ender IO or engineers toolbox, will look at them.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
With Ender IO you can run MJ power (EU is on the TODO list), liquids and a redstone signal through one block.
conduits.png

Reactions: TheAbstractHippo

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to the previously posted solutions:

Gregtech Machine Boxes can transfer items, eu and liquids through one face (if configured correctly with covers), but as far as I know can't do so bidirectionally. Like other gregtech machines, machine boxes can also accept covers to camouflage their presence. Pump (and as far as I know, conveyor and pump/conveyor) modules retain their cardinal direction regardless of machine facing. So figure out what you're connecting to what before putting on the cover. A screwdriver is needed to set the mode on the cover. The dot on box indicates eu output face and is moveable via the wrench. All non-dot sides will connect to eu cables as input if not covered. Machine boxes can move more liquid through one face than any other solution. I use them to empty boilers.

Gregtech Tesseract generators are also worth a look. The tesseract generator block can conduct MV to the block it is connected to. The remote tesseract terminal block will transfer items and liquids to the block the tesseract generator is connected to.

Factorization routers can be used with other liquid/power transfer solutions that contain an inventory to eliminate the need for item input/output connected directly to the block.

Also remember that buildcraft pipes and ME cables can be hidden behind facades and eu cables can be hidden by construction foam.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I have found that if it is impossible to have all wires and cables hidden then it looks better if you just roll with that and just try and make your piping as elegant as possible. Then it doesn't matter if they are on display. However, extrautils, engineers toolbox and by the looks of it ender IO all help to make piping discrete. Engineer's toolbox sockets can have facades put on them, although you can't remove the facades.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else like seeing the pipes? I always run machines on a floor, with the power cables under the floor, but all other pipes or AE busses and cables visible. I think it looks a lot more like a factory. hiding all of the wires and cables behind walls is too neat for me.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else like seeing the pipes? I always run machines on a floor, with the power cables under the floor, but all other pipes or AE busses and cables visible. I think it looks a lot more like a factory. hiding all of the wires and cables behind walls is too neat for me.

I agree with you about the pipes. In a dedicated machine room I find it to be better to have exposed pipes for a lot of reasons. It is more easily modified and configured, you can see items wizzing around pipes (unless if you are using AE), and you can end up making rooms that have a real factory feel. However, I usually make at least one room with minimal automation that I like to keep very neat and tidy.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I like to have a basement w/ everything exposed, but in the actual facility, especially an AE centered one, hide the pipes.
mid-long range transport is done with either tesseracts, or pipe clusters- IE have the item pipe, energy line, and liquid line together inside an compact area.
gregtech superconductor cables look great running in one-3 lines spaced out one block apart. feel the hum.

IM
EL

I-item
M-empty
E-energy
L-liquid

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If the machine accepts upgrades you might be able to use an ejector upgrade to have it kick the product back down the entry line. Useful in LP setups.