Tinkers Construct Best Weapon Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mit

Jul 29, 2019
Im looking for the best possible overall damage weapon melee and ranged. Materials are not a problem. By strong it can be super fast or average speed and high dmg

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
My personal preferences:

Rapier/Longsword/Cutlass - Manyullyn blade, Paper guard, Thaumium handle; load with full Damage (quartz) unless you want something like Looting (lapis) or Vampiric (necrotic bones).

Which one of the swords you pick is really personal preference. Rapiers do less listed damage, but are armor piercing and especially fast. Longswords don't let you defend, but gives you a leap "attack" for added mobility (jump up to 4 blocks if you time a jump+leap properly). Cutlass has a built-in 10% crit chance and if you block an attack, gives you a short speed buff.

Arrows - Thaumium head, Paper shaft, Feather fletching; load with full Damage (quartz) unless you want something like Looting (lapis) or Vampiric (necrotic bones).
Bow - Green Slime rods, Magic Cloth string(TC3) or Flame String string(TC4); load with full Speed (redstone) unless you want something like Knockback (pistons)

For adding enhancements to arrows, make sure to make a full stack of them first, you can enhance them all simultaneously. Mind you, you don't really need arrows this powerful for much outside of boss busting, but still.

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
Mind you, you don't really need arrows this powerful for much outside of boss busting, but still.

Sacrilege. Everybody knows there is no kill like overkill. When it comes to damage if its worth doing its worth overdoing.

On topic though tristams suggestions closely mirror mine although I hadnt thought of useing green slime for the bow rods, will have to try that. One thing I will mention though is consider repair costs if your not going to put repair on the thing. A manyullyn blade will last a long time but is somewhat anoying to repair while steel sacrifices a bit of durability and damage but is trivial to repair.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's not the best, but I love my cleaver for it's build in beheading modifier. very useful to get the needed wither skulls to summon a wither to get a nether star which gives you more modifiers :)

Ganoash

Jul 29, 2019
if you have metallurgy and twilight forest installed you could also use tartarite for the sword

engel

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Wood Sword is great. Use magical wood for all sword parts, diamond to use a flux capacitor to recharge then 9 levels of quartz. Replace some of those layers with beheading to get a beheading x sword.