Tinkers Construct and all these ores...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of ores that cannot be used with Tinkers ?
I put some ore in to the smeltry a few days ago and could not make blocks or bars out of it (I had to break the tank to get be able to get the ore to be removed from it.

I dont want to waste any more ore.

Thanks

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I put some ore in to the smeltry a few days ago and could not make blocks or bars out of it (I had to break the tank to get be able to get the ore to be removed from it.

Thanks

might be an idea to mention which mods/pack you're running and what the ores were that you're having problems with

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Some ores cannot be used directly I think and need to be made into alloys. Consult your TiCo books for better guidance.

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
might be an idea to mention which mods/pack you're running and what the ores were that you're having problems with

Sorry I usually do add that info.

FTB Monster

And I do not remember what ore it was that would not work.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Mariculture's impure titanium can't be poured into blocks, but can be poured into ingots.

Weirdy things like essence and mimichite ore can't be smelted in the smeltery. Nor can dark iron from factorization or any of the reactorcraft ores (of which there are several).

Badgers are just a bit strange.

You need an addon to make the smeltery recognise ores from metallurgy (neither of these are in Monster) and osmium from Mekanism (not in Monster either) is likewise not smeltable at all.

Other than that, not sure.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just open the Smeltery controller and drop the block in. If it starts to melt with the progress bar... then TiCo can see it! If nothing happens... then TiCo can't see it, so I find another machine instead.

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
I just open the Smeltery controller and drop the block in. If it starts to melt with the progress bar... then TiCo can see it! If nothing happens... then TiCo can't see it, so I find another machine instead.

I do this as well, BUT the issue is I had some ore smelt and then could not get it out of the smeltry.
I could NOT make blocks or Ingots out of it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Thanks

Can't you just click the ore(s) out of the smeltery controller if you don't see the progress bar rising next to each block? It's always worked for me...

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
I do this as well, BUT the issue is I had some ore smelt and then could not get it out of the smeltry.
I could NOT make blocks or Ingots out of it.
If this ever happens, you can use a fluiduct to pull the liquid out through one of the drains (replacing the faucet). This will pull the liquid out of the smeltery. Not sure if you will be able to use it anywhewhere else, though.

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just click the ore(s) out of the smeltery controller if you don't see the progress bar rising next to each block? It's always worked for me...

The ore has already been melted but will not pour into ingots or blocks.

Thanks Salamileg9 for the tips :D

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Whixch ore was it?
Probably ReactorCraft's Indium or Cadmium or ElectricCraft's Platinum.

Tinkers' Construct can handle all vanilla ores and ores that it adds: Aluminum, Copper, Tin, Ardite, and Cobalt. It might be able to handle Ferrous, but it can handle Lead and Silver.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Probably ReactorCraft's Indium or Cadmium or ElectricCraft's Platinum.

Tinkers' Construct can handle all vanilla ores and ores that it adds: Aluminum, Copper, Tin, Ardite, and Cobalt. It might be able to handle Ferrous, but it can handle Lead and Silver.
Ferrous is nickel
Platinum is shiny meyal
Indium and cadium can't be melted in a smeltery
Mightb be uranium or yellowrium? Or pitchenblade?