Tinker Smeltery design help/suggestions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I am pretty sure I've asked this before, but it was so long ago I can't recall any of the discussion.

Everytime I start a new world/pack, I end up slapping a TiCon smeltery together as fast as possible in the first flat area I see. This is because in my pack especially, this is a requirement for progression and the first method of increasing ore materials. After a few more days, I end up wanting to house the smeltery in some sort of nifty building. Sometimes this is a factory of sorts, this time I'd like to make it a general purpose weapon, tool & armor creation room/building with armor stands etc. At this point I ALWAYS end up asking myself "What does a smeltery building look like ?" Many youtube vids and google image search seem to tell me that most people throw aesthetics out the window just like I do at first and put their smelteries wherever is most convenient. Basicly I want to know if anyone has some nice smeltery designs, both the smeltery itself, automation tactics, and aesthetics for the building surrounding it. maybe a medieval-esque blacksmith with a chimney ? I'd love to see your guys' pics and building styles for inspiration...I debated putting this in community showcase because of this but decided against it...

TL/DR:
I want ideas/inspiration for designing a TiCon smeltery, both the smeltery itself and the building it will go in...

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I always wanted to build a early to mid 1900's style factory building with the huge smoke stacks. A 40+ block high smeltery, regardless of its multiblock height limit cause i don't know what it's max height is, with Carpenter's blocks to round it off.

Reactions: Sigma85

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
For my "starter" smeltery, with the manual basins and casting table, I hide two sides of it in a wall and just put glass along the open sides. Walls hide a multitude of sins.

For automated ones, I bury most of it underground.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't use TiCo tools much, so the Smeltery either gets a obscure "out of the way" place or end up in my "processing and crafting" machine room and gets hooked up to ME to autosmelt Clear Glass and Drawbridge parts.

But I have recently been developing an idea of a "manual workshop" (something I usually don't have) housing all kinds of machines, crafting tables etc. that either HAVE to be operated manually or that are simply handy to have for manual access. Thought of adding a second smeltery to this room with proper casting tables and some clever setup for all the tool stuff.

For this I have been thinking of going for a modernised traditional forge style. Something like the mix of styles you could experience in some of the last smithies where they still had all the old traditional tools, but also started using water/steam power(belts, shafts etc) and later electrical appliances. All caked in a layer of dirt, smoke and sooth :p

Ofc Lava pools or fire(stand-in for embers), RC Smokers, Chimneys, Iron block(maybe steel) ducts etc. are mandatory!

Last edited: