Tin from IC2, Forestry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 tin spawns at levels 1-40, while Forestry tin spawns at level 15 and above I believe? Do I need to load new chunks to get this ore to spawn or will it spawn in already loaded chunks if I enable both tin ores on my server configs? [I've already enabled them and the people who play on it have also enabled them, which lets them connect]

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Requires new chunks. However, if you're just trying to increase the amount of tin generated, wouldn't a better solution than enabling IC2 and Forestry generation of it be to change your Thermal Expansion configuration to give you more? You won't be able to stack the three different types with each other.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 tin spawns at levels 1-40, while Forestry tin spawns at level 15 and above I believe? Do I need to load new chunks to get this ore to spawn or will it spawn in already loaded chunks if I enable both tin ores on my server configs? [I've already enabled them and the people who play on it have also enabled them, which lets them connect]

You would absolutely be better off just editing your /cofh/thermalexpansion.cfg to change ore generation to what you prefer.

Also, your players do not have to change their configs - configs are specific to the Simulation (server) or Rendering (client) world. As an example, any of your players can change color blind configuration options for Thermal Expansion and it will only affect their clients. Likewise, them changing their ore configs only matters if they generate a world.

Reactions: BeddingPlants

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
But when I tried to login without changing my client's configs it said it couldn't connect. So yes, you do have to change the configs both client and server side.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Ah right...I know why that would be the case, and I won't speak ill of other mods. Suffice it to say that shouldn't be the case, and that's another point in the TE column for why you should use single-mod generation. :p

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have buttons of copper now but not enough tin even after a few cave spelunks, so I'll go change the thermal stuff right now.

Edit: What do these lines mean?

I:eek:re.tin.maxY=55
I:eek:re.tin.minY=20

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
That's basically the heights that it can spawn at. Nothing more. So if you want it IC2 style, min = 1, max = 40.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to trigger some sort of chunk reload that will make already discovered chunks regenerate new ores again or no? I hate going super far from my house... -_-