TiCo needs a all purpose tool

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe as an addon mod i would understand, but TiC is already great in that it has a variety of ever tool ( Pickaxe/Hammer or Longsword/Broadsword/Dagger/Etc).

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I know, AoE WRENCHING! Can't go wrong!
(is joke)
Personally, I like drills mods like RFDrills for multi-tools. It helps to differentiate them from Tinker's.
The way I see it, Tinker's is awesome because you can have a single, super-specialized tool, but you need one for every task and you need to repair them every once in a while. Drills, on the other hand, are less specific, but they never break and save on hotbar space. It's cool. :)
(Yes, I know there are RF modifiers, but I'm ignoring those for the sake of my point ;))

Reactions: MrZwij

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The all-purpose TiCo tool sort of already exist in GraviSuites/RFDrills drills. And tbh IMO the functionality of the Gravisuites Advanced Diamond Drill have been far exceeding that of the TiCo tools for ages now. But TiCo still have its uniqueness, preciseness and early game usefulness. There is no need to diminish that by adding some kind of weird all-purpose tools that wouldn't make much sense or fit the genre of the rest of the mod. Specially not when other mods supply the service, and have been doing so for years.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
No, it really doesn't. Adding an all purpose tool to TiC would make most of its other tools pointless. Why have a pickaxe, ax, shovel, and mattock when you have one tool that does all of those things?

If you had a single multipurpose tool what's the point in building a multi-block structure like a Smeltery to craft it? also, it would be so OP you'd have to use Funky Locomotion to move it around... :D

P.S. I'm going overboard by interpreting "multipurpose" to include all magical Altars/Rituals/Portals and Quarries. Oh, might as well build in a Big Reactor so you don't have to change or recharge batteries :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If you had a single multipurpose tool what's the point in building a multi-block structure like a Smeltery to craft it? also, it would be so OP you'd have to use Funky Locomotion to move it around... :D

P.S. I'm going overboard by interpreting "multipurpose" to include all magical Altars/Rituals/Portals and Quarries. Oh, might as well build in a Big Reactor so you don't have to change or recharge batteries :D
in the code you just see:
onItemRightClick(Player player, Event event){
player.DoesEVERYTHING;
}

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
And teleportation!
Actually, a teleport mod is something I would like. I think that for most people, flight of some kind is really the end-game, but for me I feel that teleportation is the OTHER end-game thing. :p
Alternatively, some way to bind AM2 spells to TiC tools (assuming AM2 is working) would be great. A TC wand mod might be cool as well. :)
(Not sure how hard all of that would be...)

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
And teleportation!
With a built in BC Mining well with Obsidian chest sized portable storage. That actually sounds really cool though.

Actually, a teleport mod is something I would like. I think that for most people, flight of some kind is really the end-game, but for me I feel that teleportation is the OTHER end-game thing. :p
Alternatively, some way to bind AM2 spells to TiC tools (assuming AM2 is working) would be great. A TC wand mod might be cool as well. :)
(Not sure how hard all of that would be...)
I think RFtools lets you go from spot to spot in the same dimension. There's another mod named Transport Terminals.