Ticket/Voucher Ideas?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I want to know if there is an item that only I can create, so it can be used as money for shops or a ticket to some kind of event. Basically, I want it to not be able to be forged, (example: a renamed item) so only I can create it. One idea I had that could possibly work are arcane keys (or whatever they're called), but I haven't started Thaumcraft on this server and I don't really want to. It is kind of difficult to explain, so I hope you know what I mean.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seconding the IC2 industrial credits, since its got a machine in the mod already that handles them specifically, and their crafting can be disabled via config. If nothing else, its the path of least resistance, in my mind.

nardavin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seconding the IC2 industrial credits, since its got a machine in the mod already that handles them specifically, and their crafting can be disabled via config. If nothing else, its the path of least resistance, in my mind.
But for the IC2 Credits, how would I be able to make them if the recipe is disabled? This is a survival server where stuff can't be spawned in.

If it helps at all, what I want to do is advertise my shop through the mail system, and give them a "ticket" that can buy anything in the store to promote it.

Also, another problem I will run into is the detecting of the ticket, because I don't want to have to detect it and give out the items by hand, I want a machine to be able to do it. Any ideas on how this can be done?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm going to have to suggest either Books which you wrote(unless Bibliocraft has the Printing Press and related goodies already, in which case NOPE) or, unfortunately, iron keys. Gold keys are not at all what you're looking for.

I honestly don't know what to suggest, though. IC2 Credits would have to be spawned in if you can't craft them(and someone might have already obtained some for some odd reason if they haven't always been disabled).