TheSyndicateProject may be bringing a few thousand people to FTB

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So I just found out today that Syndicate's "Minecraft Project" has just been turned into FTB (well it was 1 and a half weeks ago).

Here is the first episode with FTB:

However on the video he doesn't link to the feed the beast website for people to download it. I am also worried because I don't think he knows how incompatible 1.5 worlds are going to be with 1.6 FTB (when it does come out) and how he may have to stay on the 1.5 version of FTB forever unless he wants to update early by heeding the saying "a stitch in time saves nine"

anyways, what do yous think, and are there any other people who watch Syndicate?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
to be completely honest, I never heard of them. I only really watched modded minecraft LP's, and there are not many groups who do those. the only one I know of was Mindcrack.
but it seems interesting, bookmarked for a later view ;)

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
<slightly_off_topic_rage>

I am sick of this 'incompatible worlds' crap. You can quite easily port a 1.5 world to a 1.6 world with minimal damage. Even if the configs are different, you can change the 1.6 ones to the ones your old world used. EVEN IF THE WORLD HAS CONFLICTS, YOU CAN SIMPLY REMOVE THE OFFENDING MOD and re add it and the deleted blocks will be removed for you to rea-add in. MCEDIT CAN REGENERATE STUFF FOR YOU, and there's always CREATIVE MODE to fix or readd broken stuff.

There also has been a lot of talk over the Forge liquids API changing and making Railcraft boilers explode. The solution? EMPTY THE BLOODY BOILER IN 1.5. ARGH.

</slightly_off_topic_rage>