Thermal Expansion 4 upgrade machines

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I was tinkering around with Thermal Expansion 4 (TE4) and I tried upgrading my Energetic Infuser. I was looking through the recipes and I couldn't find a way of upgrading the machine. I started with basic and wanted to go higher up. Does anyone know how to do that?

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
i think the only ones that dont are the cobble gen thing( name is escaping me), energetic infuser, and the machines like the terrain smasher
But can you make the Energetic Infuser charge items faster? At the moment it is only 400 RF/t while I remember it doing 10k RF/t.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
The speed that the infuser charges items at depends on the item, what are you trying to charge?

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
The speed that the infuser charges items at depends on the item, what are you trying to charge?
I am trying to charge an Enderium Flex Capacitor. Which has 10k RF/t in- and output. I am using an Redstone Energy Cell at 2000 RF/t in- and output.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
If it doesn't have enough of an internal buffer stored up, the infuser won't charge items at 10000 RF/t, and you can see its charge rate dropping in the upper-left tab if the middle red bar begins to drop.

Something that has bothered me personally is the fact the latest TiC mega-tools, like the hammer and excavator, won't charge fast enough to stay up with their mining speed, even if used with an enderium capacitor. What's up with that? They used to be fine.

GamerNebulae

Jul 29, 2019
If it doesn't have enough of an internal buffer stored up, the infuser won't charge items at 10000 RF/t, and you can see its charge rate dropping in the upper-left tab if the middle red bar begins to drop.

Something that has bothered me personally is the fact the latest TiC mega-tools, like the hammer and excavator, won't charge fast enough to stay up with their mining speed, even if used with an enderium capacitor. What's up with that? They used to be fine.
My hammer and pickaxe have a decent mining speed, but the Capacitor can keep up with them. What bothers me is that the Energetic Infuser has a max charging speed of 400 RF/t. It even says so on the right hand side of the GUI. So my question was if you can upgrade the machine so the limit goes up.

So far nobody has really answered my question, but I think it is just the sad truth that it charges at 400 RF/t.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
but I think it is just the sad truth that it charges at 400 RF/t.
j3acgwV.png

That "truth" is false. Set up your infuser right, and it works fine.
Tried this with both a Creative Energy Cell and a Resonant Energy Cell, and they both worked fine.

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Any elaboration on HOW to set it up?
Set up energy cell next to infuser, put battery in infuser. It's using 10k RF per tick, so provide it with 10k RF per tick. Using anything less then Resonant Cells won't work, and using any cables that transfer less then 10k RF per tick will also not work. It's really, really simple.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
What does your Thermal Expansion config have as the value of I:Machine.Charger.BasePower (in the tweak section in the block section)?

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
It says this: "I:Machine.Charger.BasePower=400". BasePower kinda sounds to me that it can be upgraded.
Mine says 10000, have your configs been changed at any point? I know mine haven't.

EDIT: Also, what version of TE are you on? I'm on 4.0.0B5-13