Thermal Expansion 3.0 Tesseract Energy Cap?

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a new base in Tech World 2 and was wondering if there is a cap on the amount of energy transferred with 1 tesseract. I heard there was an old cap at 100 MJ but I don't know if there is a cap or if it's relative to the old one.

Also, I assume there is the old 5% global energy loss for energy conduits and 25% for tesseracts?

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
its capped at 100MJ because the highest tier of conduits in TE can only store 10K RF if you somehow got a mod that makes an add on for TE and gives it more conduits then your limited by that next tier say a conduit that carries 1M RF/t like wise there is not such thing as a "cap" on a tesseract

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
its capped at 100MJ because the highest tier of conduits in TE can only store 10K RF if you somehow got a mod that makes an add on for TE and gives it more conduits then your limited by that next tier say a conduit that carries 1M RF/t like wise there is not such thing as a "cap" on a tesseract

Doesnt that mean 1k mj/t ? Tought rf was 10x the value

Verstuurd van mijn ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X met Tapatalk

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, 10 RF = 1 MJ. Redstone Energy Conduit can hold and transfer 10,000 RF/t aka 1,000 MJ/t.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
ok I might be wrong on my statements because I clearly forgot what each conduit can carry... :X

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. As for liquids there is no cap in the tesseract itself. If you attach four redstone energy conduits (on four different sides ofc), it transfers 4k MJ.
Of course you have to subtract the transfer cost.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. As for liquids there is no cap in the tesseract itself. If you attach four redstone energy conduits (on four different sides ofc), it transfers 4k MJ.
Of course you have to subtract the transfer cost.
huh I thought this has been clarified by King Lemming that with how the mechanics of the tesseract works on TE3 there's no energy loss on transfer as it will accept anything and spit out that anything and this discussion has been going on since TE3's beta? that unlike TE2 where there is an energy loss