There's an app for that?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
This might sound ridiculous but I am at work and thought "hmm I forgot to see if an iridium came in on the quarry I set up in the twilight forest last night. I wish there was an app that let me check certain in game events when I can't log in to the game"

Like a wireless redstone/gate type mod that would send to a phone app. You biuld a block with conditions to set on it like a gate etc. I would definitely pay a dollar or three for an "ftb game status" app.

Or an addon to applied energistics would suffice. Im sure this would take some coder 5 minutes could someone whip this up today please? :)

Seriously though would this be possible and even if someone made it, am I the only person nutty enough to pay for it?

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm willing to bet that it is possible. Computercraft is able to access the internet during the game, so you might be able to write a Lua script to detect iridium in an inventory and send yourself an email or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
I'd definately use it! Especially the AE addon, but a gate sort of thing would be awesome too :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I think one of the open addons for computercraft is has stuff in it that can use twitter. I might be way off the mark but it might be worth checking out.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
There's a CC script that can send you an sms, an app might be more interesting though.

An RS to APP mod wouldn't be too hard to make.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
One of the guys on my server made Computercraft have access to his website and he could remotely control his base on the website. He can check the state of his nuclear reactors and enable/disable them or check if there is a problem with the power and he can turn it off. I am sure that there is a way to connect it to a phone, but youd have to write the app yourself.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I now want a big red selfdestruct button on my phone, some kind of player detetctor, some overloadable nukes..

It would be so satisfying knowing I blew it all up while working or such <3

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
One of the guys on my server made Computercraft have access to his website and he could remotely control his base on the website. He can check the state of his nuclear reactors and enable/disable them or check if there is a problem with the power and he can turn it off. I am sure that there is a way to connect it to a phone, but youd have to write the app yourself.
That sounds just amazing!

If it works with a website, it will work for a (smart)phone too, either in app- or website form. Bet someone could write an app together with a CC API, that lets you get easy access to at least controls and such. With a peripherals addon, everything should be possible! :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
If someone had the info going to a website, then a phone app would be possible id think. Wish i knew how to program.

Althouh to be honest, it might turn out not to be that exciting. I dont normally care too much about iridium i was just curious to see if twilight forest would yield some and it was the first time I had run a quarry there.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
If someone had the info going to a website, then a phone app would be possible id think. Wish i knew how to program.

Althouh to be honest, it might turn out not to be that exciting. I dont normally care too much about iridium i was just curious to see if twilight forest would yield some and it was the first time I had run a quarry there.

Well maybe not just for detecting iridium, but I'd like to know how my resource supply in general is going if im away for a week or so