1. This section of the forums is now closed. You can post and answer support requests on the new support site here

Mac "There was a fatal error starting up minecraft and FML"

Discussion in '[Archived] Tech Support' started by UUmatter37, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UUmatter37

UUmatter37 New Member

This happened when i decided to try out a older version of ampz and then switch back to the new one. It tells me to look at a file for further info but i couldn't find it. The console says...
    1. "2013-04-26 18:51:16 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] This version of FML is built for Minecraft 1.4.7, we have detected Minecraft 1.4.6 in your minecraft jar file
    2. 2013-04-26 18:51:16 [INFO] [STDOUT] A CRITICAL PROBLEM OCCURED INITIALIZING MINECRAFT - LIKELY YOU HAVE AN INCORRECT VERSION FOR THIS FML"
      I dont know how to fix this, please help...

2. lavarthan

lavarthan Well-Known Member

Did you do a force update? A force update re-downloads all the mods and minecraft and starts from scratch. Could you post the entire error log to pastebin?

3. UUmatter37

UUmatter37 New Member

Will that reset my saves? If yes, is there any way to preserve them?

4. Booker The Geek

Booker The Geek Well-Known Member

It will not reset your saves... I think. You should always back them up first.

hint, there in the saves folder of the mod pack your using.

5. UUmatter37

UUmatter37 New Member

:) its fixed... thank you. 1 more question, is there a way to get the dungeon pack mod working with the launcher? It doesn't load when i add it.

6. lavarthan

There should be, but we need the error log that it makes to fix it so it will. Follow the guide in Booker's signature to get it.

Booker The Geek likes this.
  7. UUmatter37

UUmatter37 New Member

Theres no crash, it just says "file already exists, cant add mod" it says that it is in the pack but when i load up a world its not there...

8. lavarthan

Is the mod disabled in the launcher? Is this a new world or an existing one? When you load minecraft, before you load any worlds, check that it is listed when you click the mods button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.