The Wiggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So if you watch the B-Team Mindcrack videos/streams, you may have heard them mention something they call "the wiggles". Essentially the controls lock up and your character keeps moving/turning on its own without player interaction for a few seconds. I never experienced this in the past, but I've started to get it quite frequently as of the last couple FTB releases. I never see any other youtubers/streamers have this issue, and in doing some research I've only been able to find one or two threads on the issue. The only solution in those threads was to update LWJGL, but that actually seems to have made it worse. Anyway, is there any information out there on what causes this? Any fixes?

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest experimenting with different versions of lwjgl, it's easier to do this with multimc but you can also install them manually, make sure you're replacing both the files in the bin folder and the natives folder. I'm able to use 2.8.5 without any issues. It may also be an issue with your keyboard or mouse, you could try getting a program that monitors key presses and releases and shows them so you can see if it's an issue with minecraft or your keyboard.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It's a vanilla bug. Once in a blue moon the system that tracks keyboard input bugs out and doesn't release a key correctly, so the game acts like it's still held down. The only thing mods do is stress the game engine out more and thus make this rare bug slightly less rare.

The only reliable way to fix this is is to quickly push the permaheld key again.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
It's a vanilla bug. Once in a blue moon the system that tracks keyboard input bugs out and doesn't release a key correctly, so the game acts like it's still held down. The only thing mods do is stress the game engine out more and thus make this rare bug slightly less rare.

The only reliable way to fix this is is to quickly push the permaheld key again.
I thought this might be possible, but the strange thing is I didn't get it once until about Mindcrack v6. Before that, vanilla, tekkit, technic, ftb beta, earlier mindcracks, and even my custom pack didn't have this issue at all. But now I'm getting it at least once a day, both in Mindcrack and in my custom pack. I don't know if it was a forge update that made it more common or what...

edit: Oh and hitting the keys to unstick it doesn't seem to work, it's like the game just completely ignores all input for a couple seconds.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this issue on every single version of Minecraft I've ever played since Beta 1.8 at one time or another. The most common cause seems to be some other program on your PC pulling focus from Minecraft in a dirty, hacky way instead of the way you're supposed to do it in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.