The Osmotic Enchanter is Amazing

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Custom enchantments.

Yes, you can have that Sharpness V Repair II Looting III Vampiric II sword you've always dreamed of, and without grinding an infinity of books at the enchantment table. And those Protection IV Haste III Repair II boots. And that Power V Infinity I Flame I Quick Draw II bow. All it takes is vis out of your wand.

A lot of vis.

Like, about 200 Ordo for the aforementioned ubersword, with 70-150 of the other aspects. Two fully charged silverwood wands' worth.

Definitely not something you want to attempt until you have half a dozen nodes brought back home and placed around a wand recharger. But once you have the infrastructure to support it, your gear will be the envy of everyone on your server.

And it looks cool.

Reactions: Padfoote

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
don't want anything that uber... but For3 Repair2 on a pick axe is all I want.

Don't know anything about this guy. Gonna have to check it out.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I like it. But to be honest its walled behind grind filled research. Immibis' LiquidXP mod has allowed custom enchanting for quite a while. I had huge railcraft tanks of LXP in 1.5 and very Uber TC items. Only WayofTime had better enchants on the old RR TS1. But that's fitting since he introduced me to the mod.

Immibis really doesn't get the credit he deserves. But I digress.

Reactions: Museli

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Eplus is in the universal configs. People tired of banging their head against the vanilla enchanting wall should add it to their pack. I did it today after getting nothing but fishing enchantments for the last 2-3 days from the vanilla enchantment table. I've probably done ~30 lvl 30 books in this world, none of them ended up being the silktouch I wanted.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I like it. But to be honest its walled behind grind filled research. Immibis' LiquidXP mod has allowed custom enchanting for quite a while. I had huge railcraft tanks of LXP in 1.5 and very Uber TC items. Only WayofTime had better enchants on the old RR TS1. But that's fitting since he introduced me to the mod.

Immibis really doesn't get the credit he deserves. But I digress.

Yeah, not going to argue with you on the research grind. But for someone who appreciates Thaumcrafty aesthetics and isn't a huge fan of mob farming and tanks of anything, much less liquid XP, it's absolutely perfect. :D

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, not going to argue with you on the research grind. But for someone who appreciates Thaumcrafty aesthetics and isn't a huge fan of mob farming and tanks of anything, much less liquid XP, it's absolutely perfect. :D
Agreed