The Launcher's "Minecraft Window Size" option

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I saw the sticky thread this is not tech-support for the launcher, but I failed to find the Launcher tech-support forums, so please move it accordingly - sorry for the trouble.

I have issue with Launcher (version 1.3.2, according to the console) and it's "Minecraft Window Size"
option. I have it set to 1280x720 yet it always starts minecraft with it's native tiny size.

I've found couple of similar threads about same issue, one of the said "fix tomorrow" and it was from Febuary 2013.
So.. is there some kind of fix i need to download? Any workaround? It was really nice feature which I'd love to have working again. Again, this forum boards prove me quite difficult to navigate (idk what is it, maybe color layout?) so, I'm sorry if it's something obvious and easy to find.

Here is the log, if it's of any use. Just started up the launcher then Direwolf20's pack.
Turned on "Extra Launcher Debugging", at the Console: "Debug" and "Launcher".
http://pastebin.com/LWevCVTj

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I saw the sticky thread this is not tech-support for the launcher, but I failed to find the Launcher tech-support forums, so please move it accordingly - sorry for the trouble.

I have issue with Launcher (version 1.3.2, according to the console) and it's "Minecraft Window Size"
option. I have it set to 1280x720 yet it always starts minecraft with it's native tiny size.

I've found couple of similar threads about same issue, one of the said "fix tomorrow" and it was from Febuary 2013.
So.. is there some kind of fix i need to download? Any workaround? It was really nice feature which I'd love to have working again. Again, this forum boards prove me quite difficult to navigate (idk what is it, maybe color layout?) so, I'm sorry if it's something obvious and easy to find.

Here is the log, if it's of any use. Just started up the launcher then Direwolf20's pack.
Turned on "Extra Launcher Debugging", at the Console: "Debug" and "Launcher".
http://pastebin.com/LWevCVTj
It's the regular tech support forum.

While we wait for your thread to be moved, you need to update java.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't aware there was new version, update prompts never showed up.
Downloading Java 7U45 now.

Edit: Done. Got green "thumb" at Java.com test if I have the most up-to-date Java. Yet the issue remains, minecraft starts with default size. Should I grab new log?

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You need to uninstall Java 7, update 10. You have the 64 bit version, so the Launcher is preferring that.
The you need to install the 64 bit version of u 45

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
You need to uninstall Java 7, update 10. You have the 64 bit version, so the Launcher is preferring that.
The you need to install the 64 bit version of u 45
Seems I did not refresh while editing post, I just did that. There is new log post above.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Well, temporary workaround found.
Creating "options.txt" at the modpack directory with parameters:
Code:
overrideWidth:1280
overrideHeight:720
works just fine.

Also I just realized the Launcher both doesn't apply the size AND the position of MC window as it has specified at Options.

Mark Wascher Jr

Jul 29, 2019
Well, temporary workaround found.
Creating "options.txt" at the modpack directory with parameters:
Code:
overrideWidth:1280
overrideHeight:720
works just fine.

Also I just realized the Launcher both doesn't apply the size AND the position of MC window as it has specified at Options.
where at in the modpack directory are you placing this? I am having the same problems with the new packs.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
where at in the modpack directory are you placing this? I am having the same problems with the new packs.
options.txt should already exist there, you just need to edit it. It's in
\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\ (change first path to whatever modpack you use)
I too have problem that launcher options regarding window are completely ignored.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
\FeedTheBeast\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft
Placed mine there, works good so far.

options.txt should already exist there, you just need to edit it. It's in
\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\ (change first path to whatever modpack you use)
I too have problem that launcher options regarding window are completely ignored.
Maybe that's the part of the issue, i have no such file there - had to generate it myself (even tho i reinstalled whole FTB 2 times using exe then jar versions prior to this thread ).