The greatwood tree has cave spiders.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
I shall do just that. It's right next to a villiage too, I'm afraid for the townsfolk.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
Cave spiders? lovely.... just remember milk, and possibly thorn enchanted armor and a bow, get from a distance XD

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
The lag with this new pack is making it rather difficult to battle these beasties. Despite this I have gathered the treasures from three trees so far. Anything special about the blue trees?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
If by blue trues you mean Silverwood trees, then they have some use in TC3, although I can't recall what they are for....

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
They contain nodes and are quite pretty. The nodes are Pure, which means that you should want them XD very little flux

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Oh geeze there's a lot to learn about thaumcraft. I'm wondering if the environment status checks it must do is what is causing this to lag more than the previous version of the pack.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh! I did see a couple of greatwood trees with webs around them in my last play session, but I didn't stop to look since my inventory was full of thaumium tools and other loot :D I guess I'll return with a fresh soul shard shortly. (Say that five times fast.)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, so plant a Silverwood tree next to your TC3 base and your good to go as far as Vis goes.
As far as Flux goes, you mean, and not entirely. Flux will still generate in surrounding nodes as they help refill your Pure Node. You'll just have less wisps and bad effects right on top of you. Vis is finite without a certain bit of research, and the Pure Nodes either aren't new vis or they are very little. The creation of those nodes has to borrow from other nearby nodes to generate.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood logs are also a really easy way to get the generic "magic" aspect, altenatives are the vis shards and blaze rods/powder. Maybe magma cream?

xXdarkheartXx57

Jul 29, 2019
OMG thank you people for this i though i just had bad luck and had spiders spawning normally but no it was the four cobwebbed greatwood trees around my house

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have the "Holy Necropost" meme handy

704128d1359601749t-new-school-gravity-bikes-thread-necromancy-thread-necromancy-demotivational-poster-1271554886.jpg

FOUND ONE!