The Endless Story

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This is a game I started years ago on the maplestory forums, and I thought why not start one here. On the old one, I just sort of explained it and let it run. I forgot about rules. Rules are important.

Ban list is currently empty! Yay!
Anyways, the object of this game is for the forums to write a story, one sentence at a time, a story that never ever ends, just changes.

post 1: There once was a man named steve.
post 2: He lived in a world made of blocks, on a farm called Moocloink Terrace.
post 3: One day an evel force came to MOOcloink Terrace
post 4: ...

Now for those rules, eh? and post that breaks the rules will either be ignored, or in special cases, officially modified.
  1. No ending the story. That would ruin the point.
  2. Each post must be one sentence long, and cannot be of outrageous length. I know there are one-sentence stories out there that are ten pages long, but that will not be tolerated here. If your sentence is deemed to be too long, it will be ignored.
  3. Keep to the plotline. This means if jimmy enters a cave, he can't suddenly decide to exit to go fight aliens that appeared out of nowhere.
  4. If you are saying something out of context, be sure to strike it out or anything that clearly shows that you are talking out of character. EX: 1: Jimmy got tetanus from the nail and died. The end. 2: The previous post ended the story so I am ignoring it. Jimmy noticed that there was more blood on the nail than his own.
  5. If you kill someone off, you better have a dang good reason for doing so. If a post is deemed unhealthy to the general plot, then you can be ignored.
If you continuously break the rules, you can and will be banned from posting on this thread (not an official forum thing, just for this thread), which means that every post you make will be stricken from the lore. Temp bans are a thing here. Ending the story grats you an automatic week log tempban.
I will not start the story. That would be unfair to the rest of you, so someone else please start us off.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
My brain is automatically trained to only use half-sentences that are four letters long, from the 4-word story thread. I apologize if I accidentally post a sentence that's 4 words long.

Steve raced up the stairs, and shut the door behind him, sighing heavily.

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Wow, great start! I was expecting something like "there once was a man named steve."

In his hands was a box, about the size of a car stereo, and coloured a deep bright blue.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
He double checks to make sure the door behind him is locked, and carefully sets the box down on the ground, only to find that it's locked.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Steve reaches into his pocket and pulls out a magnificently complete locksmith's set.

Can I just use (OOC) for out of context? I don't like strike throughs.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I changed the rule slightly so you just have to make sure that it is very clear you are not adding to the story with that comment, including using (OCC).

This orb was the deepest crimson Steve had ever seen, like looking into the sun itself.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
His mind quickly saturated with random yet intelligent thoughts, Steve finds his vision starting to turn blurry.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Even as he falls unconscious, Steve thinks about how sublimely the orb had tasted of raspberries.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Imagine Steve's astonishment when he found that the whole tower was made of chocolate, and was quickly melting under the hot summer sun!

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
His stomach speaking louder than his mind, Steve quickly finds himself eating the chocorate tower as fast as possible.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
His newfound sugar high, coupled with the natural caffeine-like substance in chocolate, gives Steve the ability to escape the tower, although he collapses once again/

(OOC): I've posted every other post four times now, I wonder how long this will continue.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
As Steve looks around this strange land, he sees a sea of SEAs, houses made of the word HOUSE and even PERSONS with P's and R's for legs and S's for arms, as well as the man with the gun talking to someone at a STORE.

OOC: Steve just ate his way out of a chocolate tower. A word land isn't much weirder. Just roll with it.