The autonomous activator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with that machine.
Check this video:

Wherever I am, i get that message down right corner Xx ...berry
Above the activators I have a full grown xp bushes, and also lamp of growth.

As you see in the interface of the activator I set all of them like that.
Yet it seems like if it gets more than one berry, the X more of them gets dissapeared into my player-statistics instead of ending up in the itempipes...

Please tell me how I fix this, or even better, get the same result of the bushes without the retarded activator

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it's fine. Something with the Autonomous activator being treated as a player causes it but from my experience you still get the berry

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
But from what I have seen it only takes one of the berries into the itemduct really, and the others that there is a chance to get up to 3 of them, just dissapears really

Its going very slow to fill up the barrel i have with the berries, even tho I have 4 lamp of growth there (and good supply of Herba)

Bentenmaru

Jul 29, 2019
that message you get when you gain items is a setting in Thermal Expansion and cant be disable if you go to the config folder and then the cofh folder and then pick cofhcore.cfg and then you will see

# Enable messages that notify you of item pickups. Note: You cannot disable this if your Minecraft username is "Jadedcat"
B:EnableItemPickupModule=false

all you have to do is change false into true and then you wont get item pickup messages.

and you shouldnt be needing to have the itemducts with pneumatic servos attached to pull out the berries, as they will pull em out automatically when you set it to output mode.

and i think 4 lamp of growth is overkill...i have watched DW20's lets play series and he only have 8 exp bushes and he have 2 lamps and herba jar, noticed that you have it set to first slot only on the activator. still a bit of a newbie on TE3 but i think you can solve it if you change to round robin mode or if you wanna keep the 1st slot setting remove the cobblestone

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
But from what I have seen it only takes one of the berries into the itemduct really, and the others that there is a chance to get up to 3 of them, just dissapears really
That's probably a quirk of the mechanism that Natura uses to drop the items, rather than the AutoActi being "retarded". If you regard an item as "retarded", just don't use it. Insulting a mod is not very nice.
Its going very slow to fill up the barrel i have with the berries, even tho I have 4 lamp of growth there (and good supply of Herba)
It's slow to fill up a barrel? Good job you aren't trying to fill up a DSU, that would be even slower! (My point being, barrels are huge, of course they are slow to fill with free ingots and experience)
and you shouldnt be needing to have the itemducts with pneumatic servos attached to pull out the berries, as they will pull em out automatically when you set it to output mode.
AutoActi does not automatically output, and ducts do not pull unless they have either a servo or a redstone signal. I have a layer of levers underneath the ducts.

Reactions: Padfoote

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
MFR harvesters can harvest ore and essence berries. They need power, but with range upgrades, you only need one to cover a large area. They only harvest one the level they are on. I noticed in the newest Monster, the Mariculture crucible can smelt essence berries into liquid XP. There is no chance of losing any this way. You can make bottles o enchanting with the open blocks XP bottler if you need xp for yourself, or put it right into a tank for auto enchanting etc.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I am a little confused as to what issue you are having. While you are there you are getting berries in your inventory, yes? Then don't stand near the bushes. I have yet to see the Autonomous activator/berry bush actually drop items although if you are having this issue either go MFR (requires power) or set up hoppers/vacuum hoppers/golems to catch stuff.

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
Check this video:

Yet it seems like if it gets more than one berry, the X more of them gets dissapeared into my player-statistics instead of ending up in the itempipes...

Please tell me how I fix this, or even better, get the same result of the bushes without the retarded activator

I'll say I have a similar setup, and whenever I get the messages and I have neither berries nor XP in my inventory so I think your fine. As an alternative I just used Open Block Sprinklers filled with Bonemeal instead of the Lamp of Growth (just not a fan of Thaumcraft), and I will get around a stack every 50 irl minutes. I changed the Open Blocks config so that Sprinklers work 1/150 without Bonemeal, and 1/75 with Bonemeal.

Ardor

Jul 29, 2019
Check this video:

I had the same issue and Direwolf20 actually had the same issue and fixed it in one of his videos.

The issue is that it is collecting the berries, and then using them by right clicking them, and not collecting them at all.

That is a link to his video covering this (Hopefully it starts at 9:30. From there, he finds the problem then fixes it)

I hope this helps! It helped me a lot!

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I found the multiple auto-activators to be overly complicated, so I just used a MFR harvester. Getting power was easy since I put it in a spot near my existing power conduits.

From there, I just used a single auto-activator + vacuum hopper to convert the berries to liquid xp and store it in a tank. The tank has almost 2mil mB so far...

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
AAs work great for essence berries. DW20 covered it well, but for others I'll list what you need to do here. Just set the AA to first slot only and put some random object in there other than an essence berry. Then use pnuematic servo on the item ducts set to black list the item you put in there, or white list the essence berries (whichever is easier). Set these the pull mode as well (redstone disabled setting). Done.

Extra points if you layer cake the whole setup vertically to minimize the number of item ducts needed. These bushes thrive in 0 light so make sure to button that room up tight for the best output.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
AAs work great for essence berries. DW20 covered it well, but for others I'll list what you need to do here. Just set the AA to first slot only and put some random object in there other than an essence berry. Then use pnuematic servo on the item ducts set to black list the item you put in there, or white list the essence berries (whichever is easier). Set these the pull mode as well (redstone disabled setting). Done.

Extra points if you layer cake the whole setup vertically to minimize the number of item ducts needed. These bushes thrive in 0 light so make sure to button that room up tight for the best output.
I had a really nice stacked setup in an old world. Worked really nice. I put the essence ore berries on top since they don't care about light level like the rest.

Reactions: kaovalin

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019

If you put the Itemduct in the center and face the AA's away from it in a cross like fashion you can get 4 AA's working off 1 servo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk