The 1.7 Ways! ~ A Community Thread!

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Greetings and salutations, my friends!
I'm here today to present you all with an idea; It's a pretty elementary one, and with the help of the community, I'm entirely sure that this can, indeed, be done.
But that's enough blabbing, allow me to quickly introduce you to: The 1.7 way.

The Concept:
The 1.6~1.7 transition in modded minecraft was pretty difficult for me; 1.7 didn't quite instantly convince me of it's superiority over 1.6. The new features were in overwhelming amounts, that's for sure - but in the other hand, probably because I still was getting used to it all, I've feel like some "core" features of my favorite mods were missing! I've felt like I didn't have that many options anymore. Oh, I couldn't have been more wrong.
1.7 mods have given us, at the current moment, a huge amount of new, shinier, bigger toys to play with! New ways of: ore processing, building, moving around, etc; So many things, that in fact, I got a bit lost! Too many things to discover! Too many ways of doing things. And this is what this thread is suppose to help you with.
I'll separate this thread in categories, as said before: ore processing, building, etc. And with the help of you guys, we will be able to fill these categories up with the various ways of doing such things, until we've listed every single one, hopefully. That's our goal: to list all of the 1.7 ways of doing things.

Observations:
1. Here, we're not listing the most efficient way of doing things in whole modded community; Therefore, something being faster and more productive doesn't disqualify any other way of doing the same exact thing. But yes, I am going to prioritize faster and most efficient way of doing 'X' in one specific mod, for example, I'm not going to list every single type of rail in Railcraft, but I'm going to most likely than not, list the fastest one. Any doubts, just ask them below.
2. I am not only going to try to list all of the 1.7 ways, but give a brief description, information and maybe some links to it's wiki page. Therefore, if you want to include them in your suggestion, please do. Specially considering that I'm far away from knowing every single thing about any mod off the top of my head, so, if you're willing to help me out, that's would be great. This is a community thread after all, right?
3. Do not expect for every single suggestion to be in, if yours isn't included, a better way of doing it in the mod you mentioned is more likely than not might already in.
4. It is possible that I pick person's "A" suggestion, and person's "B" better description. Both will be credited for their respective contribution.
5. Yes, as said before, I am going to give you proper credit for your suggestion.
6. This list is only going to include 1.7.10 features. Exceptions are possible.

W3d3cPU.png

Let's start, shall we?
~Ore Processing:
~Auto-Crafting:

~Movement:
~Weapons:
  • Manyullyn Rapier from Tinker's Construct.
    • Description: Manyullyn is the strongest material added by Tinker's Construct; That plus the fact that rapiers have the ability of ignoring armor makes you a pretty flawless sword for your daily basis. For maximum damage, max out the tool on Nether Quartz, which increases the sharpness of your weapon. The right method can lead you to a +20 damage rapier that has the ability to ignore armor.
    • Link: [Tinker's Construct's Wiki] [Modifiers Explanation]
  • Flux-Infused Sword from Redstone Arsenal.
    • Description: The Flux-Infused Sword is an RF powered sword that, unpowered, deals 8 hearts of damage, when empowered, 12. Enchant it with Sharpness V (I recommend using the Enchanter from Ender IO to achieve that] and you've got yourself a sword that can easily one hit kill vanilla mobs.
    • Link: [Redstone Arsenal's Wiki] [Vanilla Enchantments List] [Enchanter from Ender IO]
~Building:
  • The Builder's Wand from ExtraUtilities.
    • Description (From the FTB's official wiki article): A Wand added by Extra Utilities, that when right clicked will extend the structure it was clicked on by one layer, using the same blocks that were right-clicked from the player's inventory.
    • Link: [ExtraUtilities's Wiki]
  • Builder from Buildcraft.
    • Description (From the mod's wiki article): A builder is a machine that, when powered, will automatically build a structure based off a template, using resources supplied by the player.
    • Link: [Buildcraft's Wiki] [The Builder's Template]

Special Thanks to:
@SatanicSanta ~ For his huge amount of suggestions!
@Skyqula ~ For his TiC suggestion!
Thanks for reading! If you want to contribute, just post your suggestion down below! And please, if some of the information above is wrong, let me know immediately.
~That's all, cya!

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ore Processing
Railcraft's Rock Crusher and Steam Oven (available in 1.6)
Flaxbeard's Steam Power Rock Smasher and Steam Heater (only in 1.7)
Witchery's Hobgoblins can mine ores with a Koboldite Pickaxe that will duplicate metal ores and turn them to ingots. (only in 1.7 IIRC)
AE2 Tech Addon stuff (only in 1.7)
AE2's Quartz Grindstone (available in 1.6 when using AE1)
GregTech in general (available in 1.6, but GT was completely redone in 1.7)
Factorization (available in 1.6)
Arcane Scroll's Scroll of Greed on non-ore-dropping ores (available in 1.6)​

Movement
Carts (available in 1.6)
Flaxbeard's Steam Power Exosuit (Steam Wings and Steam Jetpack) (only in 1.7)
Arcane Scroll's Anchor Stone (available in 1.6)
Arcane Scroll's Scroll of Mobility (available in 1.6)
Enhanced Portals 3 (unsure when it originally became a thing)
Weapons
Flaxbeard's Steam Power flintlock weapons (only in 1.7)
Arcane Scroll's Arcane Sword and the 5 offensive spells (available in 1.6)
Twilight Forest Ice Bomb (only in 1.7)
Witchery infusions and shit (available in 1.6)
Balkon's WeaponMod (available in 1.6)
Eh, y'know what, just look at this http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Category:Weapons

For "Building" do you mean things to help you build, or mods that add decoration blocks?

Reactions: ThomazM

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
So is this post for things new in 1.7.10? cause except for the BC Builder coming back and XU's Angel Wings everything else was in 1.6

Reactions: SatanicSanta

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
So is this post for things new in 1.7.10? cause except for the BC Builder coming back and XU's Angel Wings everything else was in 1.6

No, not at all! It's things there are in 1.7.10, not neccesarily created in it though. :p

Ore Processing
Railcraft's Rock Crusher and Steam Oven (available in 1.6)
Flaxbeard's Steam Power Rock Smasher and Steam Heater (only in 1.7)
Witchery's Hobgoblins can mine ores with a Koboldite Pickaxe that will duplicate metal ores and turn them to ingots. (only in 1.7 IIRC)
AE2 Tech Addon stuff (only in 1.7)
AE2's Quartz Grindstone (available in 1.6 when using AE1)
GregTech in general (available in 1.6, but GT was completely redone in 1.7)
Factorization (available in 1.6)
Arcane Scroll's Scroll of Greed on non-ore-dropping ores (available in 1.6)​

Movement
Carts (available in 1.6)
Flaxbeard's Steam Power Exosuit (Steam Wings and Steam Jetpack) (only in 1.7)
Arcane Scroll's Anchor Stone (available in 1.6)
Arcane Scroll's Scroll of Mobility (available in 1.6)
Enhanced Portals 3 (unsure when it originally became a thing)
Weapons
Flaxbeard's Steam Power flintlock weapons (only in 1.7)
Arcane Scroll's Arcane Sword and the 5 offensive spells (available in 1.6)
Twilight Forest Ice Bomb (only in 1.7)
Witchery infusions and shit (available in 1.6)
Balkon's WeaponMod (available in 1.6)
Eh, y'know what, just look at this http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Category:Weapons

For "Building" do you mean things to help you build, or mods that add decoration blocks?

Thanks a lot, Santa! I'll add those tommorow. :) And, for the building, I was inicially thinking of things that help us build, but I'll consider adding a Decoration category as well.

Also, I'll most definitely add an Auto-Crafting/ Inventory Management category tommorow, they are almost essential.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure what you are trying to do with the weapon section there. You talk about a tinkers construct weapon that is very situational and leave all the other situationals out?

Because linking just about every Tinkers Construct tool and weapon would take up the entire page. I would change it to a weapons and tools section and give more of a general discription.
  • Tinkers Construct: Modular tools & weapons with more powerfull t2 variations, does not use the enchanting table or anvil but instead has its own upgrade and repair table.
  • Thaumcraft: Vanilla style tools/weapons, adds an alternative way to enchant your items aswell as upgrade its tools & weapons into more powerfull versions with special effects.
  • Redstone Arsenal: Vanilla style tools & weapons, powered by RF and has an empowered mode.
  • Dartcraft: Vanilla style tools & weapons with an empowered mode. Does not use the enchanting table. Has its own upgrade mechanic including several new "enchants". Also adds its own type of repair.
  • etc

Reactions: SatanicSanta

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I am not sure what you are trying to do with the weapon section there. You talk about a tinkers construct weapon that is very situational and leave all the other situationals out?

Because linking just about every Tinkers Construct tool and weapon would take up the entire page. I would change it to a weapons and tools section and give more of a general discription.
  • Tinkers Construct: Modular tools & weapons with more powerfull t2 variations, does not use the enchanting table or anvil but instead has its own upgrade and repair table.
  • Thaumcraft: Vanilla style tools/weapons, adds an alternative way to enchant your items aswell as upgrade its tools & weapons into more powerfull versions with special effects.
  • Redstone Arsenal: Vanilla style tools & weapons, powered by RF and has an empowered mode.
  • Dartcraft: Vanilla style tools & weapons with an empowered mode. Does not use the enchanting table. Has its own upgrade mechanic including several new "enchants". Also adds its own type of repair.
  • etc

I was aiming for the most damaging weapon - not tools; I'll most likely than not add a "Tools section", which will contain these type of things. But thanks for the suggetion anyway. :)

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I was aiming for the most damaging weapon - not tools; I'll most likely than not add a "Tools section", which will contain these type of things. But thanks for the suggetion anyway. :)

Most damaging weapon... in what area? vs armored? sure a rapier wins. For one shotting mobs? Cleaver. For killing a pack of mobs? Scythe. For killing undead? Hammer. General alround? Battle axe. Indestructable for use in things like autonomous activators? Anny tier 2 weapon. I mean it when I said you could and should link nearly all TiC weapons/tools, because they all have there own area where they outperform another. Including cross functionality with tools. Wich is actually quite significant considering the limited space of our toolbar. I honestly dont consider a pure weapon worth a spot at all. A TiC battle axe wich can serve as an axe or a TC staff wich can serve as a wand (ranged weapon and utility, including tool like funtionality) are much more apealing choices. Wich is why splitting weapons and tools apart isnt all that easy.

Wich is why I suggested a short discription per mod and combine weapons and tools together. You avoid the above mess including anny and all discussion around wich weapon/tool is better, why and in wich situation.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Most damaging weapon... in what area? vs armored? sure a rapier wins. For one shotting mobs? Cleaver. For killing a pack of mobs? Scythe. For killing undead? Hammer. General alround? Battle axe. Indestructable for use in things like autonomous activators? Anny tier 2 weapon. I mean it when I said you could and should link nearly all TiC weapons/tools, because they all have there own area where they outperform another. Including cross functionality with tools. Wich is actually quite significant considering the limited space of our toolbar. I honestly dont consider a pure weapon worth a spot at all. A TiC battle axe wich can serve as an axe or a TC staff wich can serve as a wand (ranged weapon and utility, including tool like funtionality) are much more apealing choices. Wich is why splitting weapons and tools apart isnt all that easy.

Wich is why I suggested a short discription per mod and combine weapons and tools together. You avoid the above mess including anny and all discussion around wich weapon/tool is better, why and in wich situation.

I see it now; You actually have a really good point, different TiC weapons do have their own traits and specialties that, if all were to be mentioned, would take up a lot of space indeed. Taking that into consideration, that's what I'll do: I'll add a "Good Againts:" observation together with the description and links, to the ones that I feel the need to. Now, for the whole "multi-use" aspect of TiC tools: I don't feel like mentioning all of them; In fact, I don't feel like they are important at all... I mean, if they are to be included in the "weapons" category, I really don't see the need to make their other uses count.
I'll probably make a "Mining/Harvesting" sections, which will include pickaxes, axes, shovels and etc; TiC will definitely fit in there.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Would you class terraforming as part of building? I think the Terra Firma rod deserves an honourable mention for terrain squishing

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Quarrying!
Blood magic's ritual, now up to 64x64 with silk/fortune in an actually fun way :3
Mek digital miner, the usual
Regular quarry and quarry+ also boring
Ender quarry, now with upgrades

A cool little feature part of xu, you can charge your tools/stuff in a node

Storage
AE2 and it's channel system
SFM handling storage, with the use of barrels it's fairly efficient

Liquid storage
Drum and their upgrades
Extra cells (and their 16m liquid cells now :O)