Thaumcrafts Magical Forest and Tainted Biomes

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Looking in AnvilMapper, Thaumcrafts biomes in 1.7.2 now appear to be overlayed *over* normal biome generation.

i.e. Having thaumcraft in a world - or not - does not alter the results of setting the world seed.

Can anyone confirm? If so, thats excellent.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I heard or read somewhere that Az was changing Taint so it looked more "natural" in it's growth instead of changing a chunk. An overlay approach makes sense.

Although surely Magical Forests are still a unique Biome?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
They are a unique biome. But, on mapping tools like anvilmapper, you can see a regular intersection between magical forests and regular forests that make it look like thaumcraft is generating elipse shaped masks over the terrain, and where there is a regular forest in this area it gets converted to magical forest.

I dont know if I am explaining it properly.

Anyway, it appears the thaumcraft biomes are not registered with the world generator as biomes for autogeneration, but are applied by thaumcraft post processing.

Confirmed by looking at an Amidst generated map of my worlds seed, which matches in structural elements and biome layout my actual map. (Well, except for taint, magical, and eerie biome).