Thaumcraft trouble

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pollan66

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I´m unable to get my infusion altar to start the infusing process. I´m trying to make a silverwood wand core and I have all the materials and essentia required, the altar is set up according to the picture in the book. I have also made sure that everything are as symmetrical as possible, yet when I click on the runic matrix with my wand (gold banded greatwood fully charged) nothing happends. What in the world am I doing wrong/have I forgotten? :confused:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason I´m unable to get my infusion altar to start the infusing process. I´m trying to make a silverwood wand core and I have all the materials and essentia required, the altar is set up according to the picture in the book. I have also made sure that everything are as symmetrical as possible, yet when I click on the runic matrix with my wand (gold banded greatwood fully charged) nothing happends. What in the world am I doing wrong/have I forgotten? :confused:

if your altar is correctly build and activated, but the infusion doesn't want to start if often means you don't have all the required items on the pedestal.
it should work even if it's not symmetrical or if there's no essentia nearby, but it also wouldn't start for me if I didn't have all the right kind items on the pedestals

pollan66

Jul 29, 2019
if your altar is correctly build and activated, but the infusion doesn't want to start if often means you don't have all the required items on the pedestal.
it should work even if it's not symmetrical or if there's no essentia nearby, but it also wouldn't start for me if I didn't have all the right kind items on the pedestals

Well it looks like I derped as usual, when I went back and checked there was one shard missing. I had spent about 30 minutes checking and rechecking that I had everything before I posted, I obviously need new glasses :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well it looks like I derped as usual, when I went back and checked there was one shard missing. I had spent about 30 minutes checking and rechecking that I had everything before I posted, I obviously need new glasses :D

I always first lay out the items in my inventory, where I put the center item in the center, and I place the pedestal items around it in the pattern that I want to play it on the pedestals, when I checked everything I then place them onto the pedestals. if you're afraid your infusion might be unstable, and you've several of each items, point hoppers towards the pedestals and place the extra items in the hoppers. if the infusion gets unstable and it knocks an item off the backup items automatically gets placed back onto the pedestals

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I have so many skulls surrounding my altar right now, that even when i derped and have not enough essentia, the altar just sits there waiting for the essentia rather than freaking out on me.

I did that after experiencing a freak out once. One time is one time too much, I like my stable infusions a lot. :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have so many skulls surrounding my altar right now, that even when i derped and have not enough essentia, the altar just sits there waiting for the essentia rather than freaking out on me.

I did that after experiencing a freak out once. One time is one time too much, I like my stable infusions a lot. :D

I've 207 zombie heads under my altar all the time and that seems to pretty much nullify any unstable effect
zombie heads are sooo easy to get so I don't even both using other stabilizing items

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Instability? Whats that? :p

in fairness I play base thaumcraft without addons as I generally find them a tad overpowered. And instability in base thaumcraft recipes is generally easy to ameliorate with a layer of candles/zombie heads under the alter. I havn't had an item knocked off a pedestal in soo long.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Instability? Whats that? :p

in fairness I play base thaumcraft without addons as I generally find them a tad overpowered. And instability in base thaumcraft recipes is generally easy to ameliorate with a layer of candles/zombie heads under the alter. I havn't had an item knocked off a pedestal in soo long.

if only there was a better way of getting rid of that annoying warp, 3 stacks of sanitizing soap and I still have warp D:

goddamnit!! I just realized after using another stack of sanitizing soap that the last bar of warp can't be removed... if I only had known this sooner, it'd have saved me so many soap bars... well, atleast they can't say I've not washed myself properly

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
if only there was a better way of getting rid of that annoying warp, 3 stacks of sanitizing soap and I still have warp D:

goddamnit!! I just realized after using another stack of sanitizing soap that the last bar of warp can't be removed... if I only had known this sooner, it'd have saved me so many soap bars... well, atleast they can't say I've not washed myself properly
Yup, there is the permanent warp that you can't get rid of. Like that ex of ... *coughs*, nothing.