Thaumcraft research data where are you ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't think of a title that easily conveyed what I was after...

Recently I have been playing hardcore a lot. As a result I tend to start worlds often while I get the hang of this new style of play.
Most annoying for me though is each new world having re'do all the TC research again. Lost count know how many times I have fully researched and then died.

So.... Does anyone know if it's possible to take the data from an old game where I completed the research and add it to a new save ?
Yes it's cheaty, but in hardcore I am starting often. And concidering Iv'e done the research many many times I think it's understandable.

Any help as to if it's possible or where the research data is stored for a player would be appreciated.
thx.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, the research are stored in your player.dat file.

Copying it means importing your whole character, possibly including the location.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Right well thx for letting me know where it's stored anyway so I can take a look.
May be a way to edit the info I need.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
You can also change the config for TC, enabling you to "cheat" a fully researched thauminomicon in, if you've done all the research.

oh really ? well that's gotta be the easiest solution then. Cheers.
And yeah Iv'e completed the research more times than I care to remember.